Inground spa/jets/blower

Spishex---thanks for being the one to reply so quick on all of this.

I might track my levels again this weekend, just to make sure I'm consistent with all of my findings.

What's the next plan of attack? Assuming that the venturis are located in the jets, are we back to making the attempt of replacement? I know you had concerns about the connection falling back behind the tub. Are these lines close enough to the backside of the tub to, let's say, hook a bent coat hanger, or the like, to snag and keep from falling back? Will I even have enough room to do that with the jet on its way out? Or will doing one at a time, and leaving the rest in, provide enough strength?

Let me know what you think....

Greg

Well, we need to figure out when you're losing water first. Pump on, pump off, or both. If it's both then we it might be an issue around the jets that can be fixed from the inboard side. But if it's worse with the pump on then it's an issue in the plumbing that will probably only be accessible by digging.

Here's what I'll do.

I'll bring water level back up, mark it, and watch it over the course of the weekend. I'll leave the intake plugged.

I'll do a longer filter routine this time, so levels should be more noticeable.

Back in a couple days.

Greg

Water loss of about .75 inches. Took 14 hours in an idle tub.

Lost same amount of water in about 4 hours while filtering.

2 jets out of the 4, opposite of eachother, I would describe as 'burping' and 'surging'. Air bubbles being introduced. So, you would be able to hear all of this, and while looking at either jet, you could see small bubble beings introduced.

I've thumbed thru Pool School a bit.....suction side leak here? I would attribute that to the introduction of air.

As for the loss while tub is idle.....who knows.

Greg

Sounds like a leak in the jet plumbing. Drips a little with the pump off, a lot with the pump on. You may also have a separate suction side leak causing the bubbles.

Given how much of a PITA it would be to dig and find that hole, you may want to try a bottle of stop leak. Just be sure to follow the directions (they probably want the filter out and heater off), and drain and refill afterward. I don't usually recommend the stuff but in your case it might be worth a shot.

And I don't think we ever discussed the equipment. I'm assuming you see no water around the pump/filter/heater?

Square on equipment. To get this tub running, all the valved plumbing had to be chopped off and replaced for the pool, just to add the 2 valves for the hot tub. I double checked that the goober who installed it used enough glue, and there aren't any leaks anywhere. That part is fine. My mulch underneath was stained blue, he used so much.

I've read up on Fix-A-Leak, both on here, and on the Internet. Sure, might be snake oil, but cheap enough to give it a shot. Not going to hurt anything. I should have more than enough to treat it multiple times.

Probably going to be awhile before I report my findings.....I'll need to order the stuff.

Assuming that if a jet leak is still a culprit, my water loss will probably be almost unnoticeable.

We'll see how this works...

Thanks a ton for helping me here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.