Inground pool- DIY- cost

Terpjr

Aug 6, 2016
Delanson, New York
Looking to put in an inground pool. Probably not a standard rectangle but nothing too crazy. We are in upstate NY.
Plan to do all phases of construction myself- have backhoe, dump trucks, dozer etc...
also possess requisite plumbing and electrical skills.
Have laid many paver, stamped concrete etc...

Just curious what others have spent on a pool If handling entirety of construction themselves.

I see kits from various companies online in the neighborhood of 10K.

Are these kits kits decent or that different than what a pro would install? If so- where do I look for the quality of material that pros use to ensure I have a lasting pool.

We have just begun a diy and the steel walled , vinyl kit pool was delivered Tuesday. We had companies give us quotes and all in we were looking at about 65-70k with the options we chose. This includes fencing, electrical etc. From everything I've read we are using the same things installers are using. I am targeting 25k on our project with serious bargain hunting...for example I just bought a diving board via Amazon warehouse for 75.00. it's an interfab duro beam 6 ft so not top of the line, but the price was perfect! I found really nice fencing on Craigslist brand new and much nicer than we would have been able to afford with a fencing company. We may go over budget because I'm seriously considering hiring out the pool base. Actually, it's not that we can't afford having a pool installed for us but we have a lot of sweat equity in our house and it is almost paid off. Couple of years college is going to hit our pocket books as well but I've always wanted a pool! Our yard is looking like an explosion happened right now and probably for a while to come because this is a weekend, weeknight project for us. Hopefully you have friends and family that can jump in when you need an extra hand. I put out a call for help on unloading the pool delivery and 22 family members showed up...family is amazing��

Reactions: Eldemac
We chose steel because I was concerned about ground freeze and read they warp if in the sun too long during install, which for us they will be exposed for quite a while. We ordered from Pool Warehouse and are doing an L shape. The panels are heavy but I think just two of us can handle even the 8 ft panels. The cozy cove is pretty bulky and we'll need four to put it in place.

ckwinters is on target for costing. My total install was just shy of 25k. Pool Kit, dig, plumbing, deck, fence and landscaping. I borrowed a laser level from a friend for the duration of the project. I bought a mixer from harbor freight and a few other miscellaneous tools that I didn't already have.

None of the work is hard just a lot of it. I definitely second the steel panel for with regards to work time and no worry about warping. I was literally a one man crew and set every panel into place by myself. I didn't think the panels are that bad, more awkward to carry then anything. However, I do have a developed upper body strength. I did all the work myself with the exception of having the deck and hole dug professionally. The only time I had assistance was when I did the bottom. I had some family members run the mixer for me.

same here full DIY i had help doing the floor but im less than 20k including materials for retaining wall and pavers. I needed alot of stone and still do with fence and all Im under 25k easily. this would have been 50k plus. you can get your kit and upgrade items and get credit for what you dont want, thats what I did, i was just at 10k for the entire pool, top of line everythign else automation and SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.