Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
this might be a dumb question - but what's the best inflator for pool toys? I bought 2 last year, one I returned right away because I couldn't get the darn thing to do anything, the other was just ok. I got it out today for the first time this year and it literally took 30 minutes to fill a toy and it didn't get it all the way full. this seems pretty basic and I don't know why I can't find a good one.

I'd think just about any high volume vs. pressure with a couple of smaller adapter nozzles along with the full blown larger diameter of the hose itself would do. Wifey messed up one time and brought one home that you actually had to hold down the on button the whole time you wanted air outta the dang thing!

I'd think just about any high volume vs. pressure with a couple of smaller adapter nozzles along with the full blown larger diameter of the hose itself would do. Wifey messed up one time and brought one home that you actually had to hold down the on button the whole time you wanted air outta the dang thing!

I got one from Costco last year (the awful one) and the one I have is from Ace Hardware. where else should I go? I think I checked a sporting goods store (that I can't name because the forum thinks I'm cursing??) last year too.

Not sure much about Ferndale, MI shopping, but if I wanted an inflator today, I would go to a Walmart or Target and go to the section where you would find an air mattress, most likely the camping department. You will find somethign there. Walmart or Target might have one in the aisle where you buy pool floats as well, but I woudl assume that they would be of a lower quality versus the ones sold in teh camping section.

I will add, when purchasing an inflator, PSI does NOT matter for pool toys or air mattresses. When inflated those have very low pressure. What really matters is CFM, which measures how much air it puts into a float in a period of time.

Not sure much about Ferndale, MI shopping, but if I wanted an inflator today, I would go to a Walmart or Target and go to the section where you would find an air mattress, most likely the camping department. You will find somethign there. Walmart or Target might have one in the aisle where you buy pool floats as well, but I woudl assume that they would be of a lower quality versus the ones sold in teh camping section.

I will add, when purchasing an inflator, PSI does NOT matter for pool toys or air mattresses. When inflated those have very low pressure. What really matters is CFM, which measures how much air it puts into a float in a period of time.

This is helpful, thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use my air compressor 3.3 cuft @90psi makes short work of even big inflatables.

If you have a compressor, this is surely the way to go. If fact, you can start charging your nbors to inflate their things bc this is so fast and easy.

In the country, I have an octagonal 3 level pool [10 " per level, 10' x 10']. I can inflate that baby in about 10 minutes...you would die any other way..

Good luck Em

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.