Infinity catch basin depth and catch basin grates or how to prevent it from becoming a safety issue for little children

pwmort

Jul 4, 2022
Logan, UT
Hello fellow pool people,

We are just finishing an infinity edge pool and have a question about what depth to set the catch basin. The basin is approximately 30 inches front to back and 30 inches max in depth running the full 40 feet.

Also, what if anything are people putting in the catch basin to keep it from being a drowning risk? I saw one catch basin that has a plastic grate system that allowed the water to pass through it and made the depth on top of the grate only a few inches deep.

Any other infinity related recommendations are appreciated.

Be aware that a baby/child can drown in 1" of water. So the idea of some sort of grate over it is good.... I've just never heard of one myself? I'm picturing some way to *hack* something together plastic. Avoid metals.

Welcome to Trouble Free Pools! I hope someone whose come up with a solution already will chime in?

Maddie :flower:

Found this pic-

Reactions: Kaylee34
Hello fellow pool people,

We are just finishing an infinity edge pool and have a question about what depth to set the catch basin. The basin is approximately 30 inches front to back and 30 inches max in depth running the full 40 feet.

Also, what if anything are people putting in the catch basin to keep it from being a drowning risk? I saw one catch basin that has a plastic grate system that allowed the water to pass through it and made the depth on top of the grate only a few inches deep.

Any other infinity related recommendations are appreciated.
Would need a mounting method, but here are options for grating:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.