Indentation/Depression under liner

aquajersey

Jul 25, 2022
New Jersey
Hi Everyone! I am a first time pool owner and this is my first post on this forum, I've read some very informative posts here and I look forward to being a part of this community and learning from you all. I recently purchased a home (built in 2011) in NJ which has an in-ground liner pool, we had a pool inspection done before we purchased and it was given the all clear except for a minor issue with the pool heater.

Now that we have moved in and started using the pool, I noticed a small area in the deep end (8 ft) where there seems to be an indentation about 1/2-1 inch along where the pool wall meets the floor and along that wall. I've attached some pictures, there are some wrinkles in the pool liner on the floor in that area as well. I can't see any tears and I don't think there are any leaks since the water level has been pretty consistent except for evaporation during the recent heat wave. Is this something that is only cosmetic? We just purchased the house and we would like to eventually get the liner replaced in a few years anyway. Thank you!

Attachments

• overview.jpeg
    overview.jpeg
    750.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 17
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 17
My first thought is:
Did the previous owner replace the liner, and the installer did not fix the cove before the new installation?
(I have all kinds of footprints, dips, divots and indentations in my liner after the did that during my liner replacement.)

Do you have auto-fill?
Meaning: you are loosing water, but you don't notice it.

Welcome to the forum & enjoy your new home and pool!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Guessing, but it would appear the pool wall and pool floor have separated a bit. I can't think of an easy solution short of draining the pool, creating a cove and then getting a new liner.

If your planning on a new liner at some point, I would fix it then.

My pool has the same in a number of spots - seems like the previous owner had the liner replaced just before selling the house, and didn't want to spring to fix any imperfections first.

I haven't noticed any issues, nothing seems to be getting any worse, no leaks (I don't have autofill), so I'm just treating it as 'character' for now. If/When we replace the liner, we'll have it all redone then (and have some lights added, and a second skimmer, and fix the top-coping, and maybe regrade the deck so it flows right, and perhaps have some steps put in...OMG i bought a boat...)

Reactions: Lanzz
Thank you all for your replies :) Glad to be part of this community!

I do not have autofill and as far as I know, the pool still has the original liner. After reading your responses, I am relieved that this is just a cosmetic issue which I am ok with since its barely noticeable and besides that one wall and edge along the floor the rest of the liner looks great! I'll still keep a close eye on it to see if it gets any worse. Thank you all so much, I'm really learning a lot as a first time pool owner and enjoying the ride!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.