Increase Dynamic pressure on gas heater?

KYBluegrass

Feb 28, 2021
Louisville, KY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC3 (RC-42)
I have a new pool with never-used Raypak P-M266A-EN-X gas heater.

The pool builder measured pressure:
Static: 7.3
Dynamic 5.5 (should be 6?)

They said the differential was too wide, and we needed to call our plumber to increase the pressure (to stay under warranty and for safety). Plumber said pressure coming from house was fine, and was reluctant to boost. He is not familiar with heater.

We have turned the heater on a couple of times to test functionality, and it seems to work until it trips breaker, but that's another issue.

Raypak customer service told me since the supply gas is dropping under the minimum requirement of 6"WC, I needed to call my gas company to increase pressure. They also said the maximum is 10.5"WC, and the manifold should be 4.0"WC.

I plan to call the gas company to see if they can do this.

I guess I'm curious as to whether the adjustment is only made at the meter supply and not at the valve in the heater (by a Raypak tech).

Been through a lot of back and forth, and trying to get all info I can. Grateful for any clarity.

Welcome to TFP.

Show us pics of your house gas meter and data plates, and the gas plumbing into the heater.

Gas pressure is set by regulators external to the heater.

Maybe @swamprat69 can opine.

Thank you both for your replies and info. Still waiting for my plumber to come back out.
Here are pics of meter, plate details, and heater plumbing. Is this a 1.5" line? The run is 100-ish feet with (2)? 90s.

meter setup.pngmeter 2.pngregulator?.pngdetails.pngHeater.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.