Inadvertent SLAM

What's the best way to find out if it has degraded? I have isolation valves I can use to cut the system off from the pool flow too.

I'm now of the belief that my copper measurements have always been off scale. It's the most likely explanation.

I hope this serves as a good lesson for others, don't blindly listen to the pool guy. Research what you are doing before you do it. No one will care about your pool more than you.

For posterity, he told me to use two full quart size bottles of copper based algaecide and gave them to me. The label said to use 8 Oz for 20k gallons, but I listened to him and added all 64 Oz. Looks like I'll be regretting that decision for the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, my own copper kit has a wider range, but I can't see any difference between the pool water:
13916f9bd3e1163d5e5408aee1085b32.jpg

And tap water:
20005dca435db9d617c60a32676cb38d.jpg

Plus, neither of them look like the colors on the card.

I've read that 0.3 ppm and lower is fine for copper levels, but I'm not sure what you all recommend here.

I've been maintaining minimum chlorine while we figure out if our copper level is okay, but our other numbers need help.

FC 0.5
CC 0
pH 7.9
Alk 70
CYA 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.