LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2013
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool has a Paramount in-floor system. It runs ALL the time if the pumps are on. PB says it’s connected to the vanishing edge setting on my phone and turning that off will turn it off. Spoiler: turning off vanishing edge doesn’t turn it off.

I’ve noticed turning off Vanishing Edge does NOT turn off the pump completely. I don’t know how to turn it off completely but am guessing that maybe that’s what needs to happen to turn off the in floor cleaners.
Here is what I’m finding in my iaqualink
64DDC230-BF34-4257-8AA1-26400922BCB7.png
Vanishing edge of, in-floor cleaners still running.

VSP settings
5832D3B0-A393-4159-A869-C830A75B8821.png3FAA0B12-636B-400E-8FF8-B88D77036C86.png82F93FB0-E0AC-46FC-991D-D3AF2FBF2FC6.png
F837DB3B-F22D-4A5C-A0DC-640E2131E805.png

Post some pictures of your equipment pad from a few different angles so we get a sense of your plumbing and equipment. A few pics of your pool may also help.

Your signature shows two VS pumps. What does each do?

The diagram was from another question but it’s a diagram of the pool. If you zoom in you can see the labels in the plumbing but I’ve also labeled them in my diagram.
2FF0D71D-5390-466E-A256-BAA694BF0468.jpeg

128ACD39-D5EF-43DC-8B1E-43521C9609EF.jpeg

Ok - may be a programming issue with your Jandy automation.
To stop the infloor from running, you need to shut off the pump on the right in your diagram.

I have no idea where that pump is defined in the iAqualink program.
My guess is it's 'Pump 2' - you need to find out how to shut that pump off.

The 3-way Jandy valve on the suction side of the pump is labeled "Cleaner" and "Main Drain". Does "Main Drain" pull water from the overflow basin or somewhere else? What does "Cleaner" pull water from?
It appears all water returned to the pool via Pump 2 will flow thru the infloor water valve ("Doctopus"), which will cause the popups to pop up any time Pump 2 is on. If that's true, any time you want the negative edge to run, the popups will be on also. Have you tried setting the 3-way Jandy valve on the suction side of Pump 2 to full "Cleaner" and then to full "Main Drain" to see how it affects the infloor and the negative edge?

i see two pumps in the iaqualink but other than setting schedules and speeds, I also don’t know where it it or how to control it.

Just tested
  • Cleaner to off. In-floor still pops up
  • Main drain off, in floor still pops up
  • Suction off, in floor does not pop up but pump runs dry (no water in basket)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.