I'm starting to think there is something wrong with my plumbing. High filter pressure.

Because we're friends I undid the self imposed 3k limit and am pushing 25 psi at 3450 RPMs.

View attachment 531385

No need to worry confirmed. (y)

For pucks/tabs we always reccomend a floater anyway, so it can still go. And the UV device is really for helping with algae control from improper sanitizing. If you maintain a properly balanced pool, your daily struggle is against UV loss from the sun, not algae. The UV device gives you *more* UV loss. 🤦‍♂️ It's not alot, but still, the irony. It gives you more FC loss and they claim you can use less FC because of it. :scratch:

Anywho, it'd probably fetch a pretty penny on FB marketplace. There's a line of folks around the corner looking for magic that defies the laws of chemistry.
I REALLY appreciate the verification and advice. If your filter blows up because you went above 3000 RPM, you know who to blame! :)

Yup, UV system is going to go for sale in the spring for sure. It's about a $1000 CAD new here, so if I can get half of that it would take a nice chunk out of the cost of the SWG I'm putting in.

Reactions: JamesW and Newdude
If your filter blows up because you went above 3000 RPM, you know who to blame! :)
Our StaRite filters are utter TANKS. My money is on the filter. :ROFLMAO:

I jumped through some serious hoops to secure another one after moving and building during the height of the shortages.

I have a nitrogen powered booster pump at work for putting oxygen into our helicopters. Think I should test and see what at what PSI the filter explodes?
Again. My money is on the filter. :laughblue:

*upset coworker* HOW'D you MELT the pump ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.