I'm back - SLAM 2.0 2016 Version - Need more patience or am I doing something wrong?

I searched the forums and it looks like the most popular/successful thing is to use Boxer 100 adhesive. I called the local pool store and they have some. Going to pick up a can on the way home.

The bushings for my pump are supposed to arrive today as well. So hopefully I can get my 2500gph pump back together tonight and then tomorrow afternoon get everything hooked back up and patched!

Good luck!

Thanks!

Nothing like a little insomnia!

I got the bushings replaced and the pump back together and hooked up. I'm pretty proud of myself. The 2500 is a monster compared to the 1500. I'm a little worried that I can keep enough water going into it to keep it primed. It ran pretty good before but now it's really moving the water.

Picked up some boxer 100 from Pool store this evening so hopefully can get the patches fixed tomorrow. Thunderstorms this evening so not much happening with the water. FC holding pretty well at 16. I feel like we are really close now!

The water is pretty clear. I do have some debris that I am going to vacuum this evening. The water still appears to have a slight green tint to me. I did pass an OCLT last night. Hoping this SLAM is almost over.
0b411a593d8262bca653a1d2436f3c49.jpg
33ade3e71f3297082ccffb340faf173f.jpg

The bricks are holding down my patches which seem to be holding. Will check the water level when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how much water you have lost, but it wouldn't hurt to run a full set of results.

I'm hoping the patch works and it is safe to swim as long as your FC is below SLAM level.

Hopefully the rebuilt pump will speed up the process in getting rid of the remaining haze. You are so close!

I'm not sure how much water you have lost, but it wouldn't hurt to run a full set of results.

I'm hoping the patch works and it is safe to swim as long as your FC is below SLAM level.

Hopefully the rebuilt pump will speed up the process in getting rid of the remaining haze. You are so close!

The patches seem to be holding for now. The water level has been pretty steady the last 12 hours so if they are leaking it's slow. I'm hoping to get a new liner next year or upgrade the entire pool.

I checked my CYA about 4 days ago and it as 30ish meaning between 30 and 40 so I've been holding the FC at 16. I'm out of regent and it's on back order from Amazon right now. Should be here some time next week.

My daughter is itching to swim. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick update:

The bad news is I've decided that I'm much too busy to have a pool.

The good news is that I am probably done with my SLAM. I say probably because I've not had the time to do a proper set of test and OCLT to make sure that I'm done. I still have a slow leak on the patch that I hope to repair this weekend as well as getting everything tested and adjusted properly. The water is crystal clear and a pretty blue but I've been trying to maintain the FC at shock level anyway until I can test everything properly.

Another positive note is that we got to swim in it this past Sunday. The bad news is that it has been raining a lot and the water was too cold to stay in very long!

I hope to post pictures and final numbers sometime this weekend. Until then thanks to everyone that has offered help and encouragement!

Well, once you get the water clean, the TFP methods generally mean very little time needed to maintain clean water.

I think your leak and pump troubles made everything last longer and was frustrating.

Most of us spend 5 minutes a day taking care of our pools plus once a week brushing/vacumming.

My water turned a little chilly, too, but the highs this week will be in the mid 90s so I'll be swimming in a day or two.

Sorry you had so many problems. We are always where to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.