I'm baaaaack

Also, another thing I have been wanting to run by y'all. To get the CYA number, the instructions say (among other things) to pour the treated water into the small tube until the black dot "just appears", etc. I am attaching the kit insert to show what I am talking about. The term "just disappears" could be taken 2 different ways. My husband thinks it means that the black dot disappears in its entirety. I think it means until it "starts to" disappear. The outcome could make a huge difference in the CYA count. I think it all comes down to where the emphasis is. 1000008501.jpg

OK. You can't get an inbetween number for CYA using TFP principles. The easiest way I find is to just put in from line to line. If you can see it at the 50 line but not at the 40 line treat your CYA as 50. This number is the key number to be confident in for your SLAM as it determines your target FC level. Read the articles on testing CYA here and ask for help if needs be.

You need a couple of days where you can spend a lot of time at the pool and then you want to begin the SLAM process. Read the info, in full, several times. You will need enough liquid chlorine to do the SLAM on hand and you need to pull your pH down for starters. Make sure you have a good handle on the entire process before beginning.

Ok. So the pictured chlorine is what bought last weekend. How many of these would you say were needed??

1000008502.jpg
OK. You can't get an inbetween number for CYA using TFP principles. The easiest way I find is to just put in from line to line. If you can see it at the 50 line but not at the 40 line treat your CYA as 50. This number is the key number to be confident in for your SLAM as it determines your target FC level. Read the articles on testing CYA here and ask for help if needs be.

You need a couple of days where you can spend a lot of time at the pool and then you want to begin the SLAM process. Read the info, in full, several times. You will need enough liquid chlorine to do the SLAM on hand and you need to pull your pH down for starters. Make sure you have a good handle on the entire process before beginning.

You have to follow the process...it will take as much FC as it takes and that will depend on a whole bunch of variables.

Poolmath suggest you will need 4.2 litres of 10%LC to go from 7ppm FC to the SLAM target 20ppm - if you are confident in your CYA number - for your 8500 gallons. You will need several jugs at a minimum I would have thought if the pool is green.

It's really important you take the time to understand what you are trying to do. You don't want to try and fix it by rote from someone telling you what to do, you want to manage the SLAM like the boss you are!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have to follow the process...it will take as much FC as it takes and that will depend on a whole bunch of variables.

Poolmath suggest you will need 4.2 litres of 10%LC to go from 7ppm FC to the SLAM target 20ppm - if you are confident in your CYA number - for your 8500 gallons. You will need several jugs at a minimum I would have thought if the pool is green.

It's really important you take the time to understand what you are trying to do. You don't want to try and fix it by rote from someone telling you what to do, you want to manage the SLAM like the boss you are!
I am a SLAM boss!! RAWWWWWRRRR!!! Also, we were gonna buy more chlorine but we got what they had. Apparently they r restocked so I will be going to WallyWorld tomorrow!!

Reactions: RookiePick
Hey all! SLAM started abt 3 hours ago, more or less. So far, so good??? I'm including the last several results plus the chlorine added. According to the chart, my ideal SLAM level is 28. My last reading was 35. Is my pool going to implode on itself?!! On my way to Lowe's or Wallyworld to get more chlorine. I need encouragement so I may have to stop for an espresso!!

Missy' Pool

Hey all! SLAM started abt 3 hours ago, more or less. So far, so good??? I'm including the last several results plus the chlorine added. According to the chart, my ideal SLAM level is 28. My last reading was 35. Is my pool going to implode on itself?!! On my way to Lowe's or Wallyworld to get more chlorine. I need encouragement so I may have to stop for an espresso!!

Missy' Pool

First thing in the morning chlorine results.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230625_080328.jpg
    Screenshot_20230625_080328.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1
Looks good - you're already back below SLAM level. Don't sweat the quick blip to 35, just add a bit less next time until you get it dialed in, and test as often as you can. You're doing great, hope you got that espresso (although I would stay away from them at night!)

Reactions: Missy_2008
Looks good - you're already back below SLAM level. Don't sweat the quick blip to 35, just add a bit less next time until you get it dialed in, and test as often as you can. You're doing great, hope you got that espresso (although I would stay away from them at night!)
Thank you!! I feel accomplished in a way. Hubby is on his way out to get a case of the liquid chlorine, without the espresso! You are right, I should stay away from them at night!! I will keep yall posted!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.