Ignitor Fouled on H250FDN

Ojman

Sep 3, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Hi guys,

My pool heater was giving an IF error earlier this season after firing and then shutting down multiple times. I replaced the flame sensor and this seemed to fix things.

A little later in the season, it wouldn’t fire at all, so I replaced the Ignitor and she started working again.
It has quit again, and is giving an IO error, so I have pulled the ignitor and it is covered with buildup and debris. It looks like rusty metal all attached to it.

The screws that hold both the ignitor and the flame sensor in are rusted and rotten to the point where I can almost not use them.

I am frustrated and am debating just getting a new heater, but I bought this one in 2018, so it really isn‘t that old.

I did run my pool for a whole winter during Covid so the heater was essentially on 24/7. Maybe I burned through it’s useful life during that winter!

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Welcome to TFP.

It sounds like your heat exchanger is leaking. You can open it up and take a look at things but probably time for a new heater.

Your running the heater in the winter may have caused corrosive condensation - Heater Condensation - Further Reading

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.