Georgetown, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am ordering a large solar cover to cut down to fit our free-form pool. It will be roughly 21'x34'. I've been looking at the reels (such as this: The Storm Commercial Inground Solar Reel - Up to 24\' Wide - SolarCovers.com), which appeals for easy removal and reinstall, but I'm trying to figure out where I would store it. I don't have room on the pool deck, and am not sure how cumbersome it would be to move it somewhere else regularly (i.e. maybe hang it on the fence?).

My second thought was to store it in a pool deck box, as I saw others suggest on TFP forum posts. That could work, but then it's a manual process to pull it off, roll it up, and the reverse.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Brian

Whether on a reel or not, if left outdoors when off the pool it will need to be covered or the sun will quickly fry it. Just a thin solid color plastic cover will do.

Show us pics of your pool area and backyard - maybe we can provide a few ideas. If on a reel, it will be about 12" - 18" in diameter and as long as the center pole, plus the end supports.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.