Sarasota FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Is there such a thing as an "ideal" FC target? For my SWCG plaster pool with CYA at 70 I see various recommendations in TFP articles and posts. I see 7 5% of CYA, 11.5% of CYA, range of 5 to 10 and range of 4-6. TIA.

At CYA 70, your minimum (never want to be there) is 3. Range 5-10.

I run CYA at 7-80 and try to be at 10-12. Why flirt with the low end and algae? There's no drawback to running at the high end with a SWCG.

Is there such a thing as an "ideal" FC target? For my SWCG plaster pool with CYA at 70 I see various recommendations in TFP articles and posts. I see 7 5% of CYA, 11.5% of CYA, range of 5 to 10 and range of 4-6. TIA.
“target” and “ideal” are not specific enough terms to cover it. Every pool consumes a different amount of chlorine each day, has different amounts of stabilizer, and usage. So there’s not a single ideal number. Just measure your CYA and then look up the target range- on the chart referenced above.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
The "ideal" FC target range level is the one that NEVER EVER allows your FC to get even close to minimum for your CYA at ANY time over the course of 24 hours every single day of the year.

For me and my pool, I just shoot for the high side of the FC target level for my CYA.
I make the conscious choice not to be a slave to my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.