Jul 9, 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone,

I have a cannister of "Aquarius Spa Shock Chlorine Free Shock Treatment for Spa Water". Can anyone tell me what this stuff actually is? As usual, the product description says all kinds of things about what it does ("Concentrated spa shock treatment sanitizes spa", "Oxidizes and cleans spa water") but doesn't tell me what is actually in the can.

Thoughts?

m.

aquarius-spa-shock-700g-6f16a5c4-df6d-4d1d-933c-ee2acab28301.png

Mystery solved! Mps - avoid….
In general avoid all products that don’t list ingredients
The only dedicated spa products that are actually needed for a chlorine spa are 99% dichlor (just because it’s usually a smaller size - you can omit if you just wanna use cya & bleach separately) & Ahhsome spa purge.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Mystery solved! Mps - avoid….
In general avoid all products that don’t list ingredients

{snip}

I don't know if there's some weird law up here in Canada but the absence of ingredients on pool chemicals borders on the ubiquitous. When we first put in our pool the installer provided buckets of products with names like Balance Pak 100, Balance Pak 200, and so on. The packaging explained the effects of using the product in question ("For raising alkalinity") but nary a word on what the heck the product actually is. I had a bucket of "Dazzle Performance Plus" they left in the garage and I had no idea what it was - turns out it was some borate based product.

m.

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
Thanks for the help everyone!

I don't know if there's some weird law up here in Canada but the absence of ingredients on pool chemicals borders on the ubiquitous. When we first put in our pool the installer provided buckets of products with names like Balance Pak 100, Balance Pak 200, and so on. The packaging explained the effects of using the product in question ("For raising alkalinity") but nary a word on what the heck the product actually is. I had a bucket of "Dazzle Performance Plus" they left in the garage and I had no idea what it was - turns out it was some borate based product.

m.
Always search for the msds! Sadly they don’t usually make it easy. I have a kid with allergies so I have been focusing on ingredients for a long time - its one of the things that made the tfp way so appealing & unconfusing compared to “standard” pool care. I don’t care what the front of the package says on a food, pool, or cleaning product - what do the ingredients say!

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi everyone,

I have a cannister of "Aquarius Spa Shock Chlorine Free Shock Treatment for Spa Water". Can anyone tell me what this stuff actually is? As usual, the product description says all kinds of things about what it does ("Concentrated spa shock treatment sanitizes spa", "Oxidizes and cleans spa water") but doesn't tell me what is actually in the can.

Thoughts?

m.

aquarius-spa-shock-700g-6f16a5c4-df6d-4d1d-933c-ee2acab28301.png
Mono potassium sulfate? That is a non chlorine shock used in spas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.