I'd like to clean stains off my vinyl liner

Zindar

Jun 4, 2011
Austin, Texas
Hello, my above ground pool has a regular vinyl surface, and over the last couple of years, it's developed a fair amount of faint green stains from past algae attacks. They're faint and not all that noticeable, but it would be nice to clean the stains off to get the vinyl the same color blue as what lies beneath those stains.

The stains are near the water line, but they do extend a fair distance below the water line too. I've tried scrubbing with a rag (no chemicals, just water in the rag), and they won't come out. Does anybody recommend maybe some kind of cleaner chemical I could maybe put on the rag to go around and scrub off the stains? But I guess such a chemical would have to not adversely affect the water, or at least be a chemical that is easily removed from the water (whether it be by the chlorine, filter, or some other process I'm not thinking of).

How do other people deal with stains?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.