Maryville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Had an issue under warranty and a huge delay getting the local pool service guy to even get out here, so Pentair agreed to ship me a new Ichlor 30 under warranty. Looks pretty simply to swap out with the 2 unions ; and will replace the o-rings as well.

Besides cutting all the power to the pump off, and disconnecting the power to the IC30, do I need to turn any of the valves off?

All I have is the skimmer; main drain; return; and bubblers. Wasn’t sure if when I take the sale cell off of water will just pour out full speed or with the pump offF it will drain what is in the lines and allow me to swap it out.

Thanks in advance.

Depends if the equipment pad is above, at, or below the water line.

Post pics of your equipment pad and let us see what valves you have to work with.

Depends if the equipment pad is above, at, or below the water line.

Post pics of your equipment pad and let us see what valves you have to work with.
Here you go. Just the skimmer and main going into the pump; and the returns and bubbler coming out after the cell. I would think the pad is slightly higher than the pool by looking at it. Reading your message again; almost positive the pad is higher than the water level.

Attachments

• IMG_6132.jpeg
    IMG_6132.jpeg
    601.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6131.jpeg
    IMG_6131.jpeg
    648.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6130.jpeg
    IMG_6130.jpeg
    737.4 KB · Views: 4
What type of valve do you have on your sand filter to backwash it?

Show the rest of your equipment pad.

I am assuming I could turn the filter valve to “closed”, hadn’t thought of that.
Yup, that is what I was looking for.

Put your filter MPV on CLOSED and close the valves on your returns and bubbler. That will minimize how wet you get.

If the unions are tough to turn by hand use a strap wrench on them. Don’t strip them with a pipe wrench.

Reactions: Nizinski
Yup, that is what I was looking for.

Put your filter MPV on CLOSED and close the valves on your returns and bubbler. That will minimize how wet you get.

If the unions are tough to turn by hand use a strap wrench on them. Don’t strip them with a pipe wrench.
Thanks for your help!