iChlor 15 Not Wired to Pump Timer

veazer

May 12, 2021
Virginia, USA
I've got an iChlor 15 plugged into a gfci outlet on its own 15 amp 120V circuit. My pool pump which is a single speed 240V pump is hooked up to a timer 104R which is powered by a 20 amp 2 pole gfci breaker. There are only 2 hots coming from the breaker, no neutral. I'll try to draw a diagram in a minute...

Is there any way to wire the iChlor 15 to the pool pump so that if the flow sensor fails it doesn't blow up? My understanding is that the ichlor 15 has a power pack instead of the power center which can only run off of 120V, not 240. The instructions say to cut the plug off and hook it up to the pump but it shows a 120V pump setup not 240, despite having 2 line 2 load connections?: (Page 34) https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...tment/ichlor/ichlor-manual-522709-english.pdf. Without a neutral on the GFCI pool pump breaker I can't connect one load side of the timer to the neutral to get a 120V connection right?

Only solution I can see is I would need to run another wire from the breaker load side neutral connection that's currently empty to the timer box to be able to hook one of the timer load lines and that neutral line to the ichlor power cable, right? Or is there a way I could wire something that senses when the pump shuts off and have it shut off the gfci outlet and turn it back on when the pump comes back on?

Here is a writeup on what I did...rather than wire directly to the SWCG, you can wire the plug for the iChlor to the current sensing relay...

Here is a writeup on what I did...rather than wire directly to the SWCG, you can wire the plug for the iChlor to the current sensing relay...

In the picture of your wiring setup on that page you've got one of the legs disconnected, I'm assuming you'd connect it to the NO terminal? So it switches on when energized? And are the two black wires connected to COM and NO or NC a switched hot like how a lightswitch would work, or are they hot/neutral to the SWG plug? (I'm assuming the supply 1 and 2 plugs just power the device itself, and then the com-NC is a switched wire?)

In the picture of your wiring setup on that page you've got one of the legs disconnected, I'm assuming you'd connect it to the NO terminal? So it switches on when energized? And are the two black wires connected to COM and NO or NC a switched hot like how a lightswitch would work, or are they hot/neutral to the SWG plug? (I'm assuming the supply 1 and 2 plugs just power the device itself, and then the com-NC is a switched wire?)
Yes, that was early pictures. I believe NO. I would have to go see how I did it again.

I clipped the plug on the SWCG and wired it in. Had I to do it again, I would have switched a plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.