DFW - Plano, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all ~ Last evening I turned the cell output down to 0 and added a bag of salt. As an aside, the Android app won't let you go to 0 only as far as 1. The web app allowed you to go 0. Go figure. So just a few minutes ago, I turned up the output on the cell back to where I had it via the web app. Everything was green on the cell but I noticed the Status light stayed off. Out of curiosity I turned up the output via the panel and the light came on constant green. Which is the desired state I think. My question is, did it take me using the panel to adjust the output to actually 'turn on' the cell? Does it take some minutes before that light will come on? Just wondering if the remote aspects of controlling the cell are bug infested.....

The IC60 cell light will come on when it is generating. It is not on constant unless you have it set for 100%. What percentage did you have it set to? I am sure your flow light was on solid.

The IC60 cell light will come on when it is generating. It is not on constant unless you have it set for 100%. What percentage did you have it set to? I am sure your flow light was on solid.
Ah. Flow light was solid. Set at 40%. Thanks for that schooling moment.

I noticed the Status light stayed off.
Col,

There are three "status" lights... Are you talking about the "Cell" light??

If so, Brad is spot on.. The Cell light only comes on when the cell is actually making chlorine. It is off when the cell is at rest.

If you set the output to 50%, the cell light will be on for about 2.5 minutes and then off for about 2.5 minutes.

I never turn off my cell is I am only adding just one bag of salt.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Col,

There are three "status" lights... Are you talking about the "Cell" light??

If so, Brad is spot on.. The Cell light only comes on when the cell is actually making chlorine. It is off when the cell is at rest.

If you set the output to 50%, the cell light will be on for about 2.5 minutes and then off for about 2.5 minutes.

I never turn off my cell is I am only adding just one bag of salt.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yep the cell light. Wasn't sure about the need to power off, so I errored on the side of caution. Dumped some LC in and left it off for ~18hrs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.