IC60 maybe producing chlorine while in cold water cutoff mode

gary300

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2014
Riverside California
My IC60 is now in cold cutoff mode because pool temp is 52 deg. It appears that it is still producing chlorine because the return port nearest the pool equipment has bubbles coming out of it, just as it does when in normal operation and the cell light is green. When in normal operation the bubbles come and go as the IC60 cycles on and off. I don't think it is a suction side leak because no other return ports have bubbles. No bubbles in the pump basket either. Very weird, I would think that the IC60 would never be producing in the cold water cutoff mode. Anyone seen this before?

Gary

Last edited:
Gary,

When the cell is in the cold water shut off mode, it should only have one red light on for the "Cold water" light,

I doubt the cell is making chlorine if it is in the cold shut off mode, but if you are concerned, you can just set the output % to zero.

If it is making bubbles, I would assume all the normal green lights are on and it is not in the cold mode.

Also, it is possible for it to be in the cold mode in the morning and then start working as the water warms up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the reply, Jim.

Just the red cold water light is on, no others. Still bubbles. Tomorrow if it is not raining I will disconnect the IC60 from the power supply. If the bubbles go away, then I know it is a problem with the IC60. If not then I have a suction side leak somewhere. I did set the percent to zero and it had no effect. The bubbles are constant, not on and off as normal.

Gary

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.