IC40 reading salt level 0, do I need to do anything or will it continue to function?

dc,

I don't believe that the flow switch can cause the problem that you are seeing... the flow switch can cause the salt reading to be high or low, but it won't cause it to read zero.

I assume you have ScreenLogic??? I believe it is a timing issue related to when the cell tells the ET what the salt reading is.. My system has read zero a couple of times and turning the SWCG on/off one or twice has made the error go away... this has not worked for everyone...

If your system is under warranty you should report it... If not under warranty it is a pain, but not that big a deal... The cell does not really think the salt level is low, otherwise it would turn on the red low salt light... The cell will keep right on working, even if the reported salt level is zero...

If Pentair will fix it for free, great... if not I would use it like it is....

The fact that your flow light come on at 1300 rpm, when it did not before, probably has more to do with a dirty filter than anything else.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.