IC20 - Cell light blinking green

Apr 5, 2011
Springfield, MO
I have an IC20. Came back from vacation and cell light blinking green. Had some calcium build up. I acid washed as I couldn't remove with garden hose. Blinking light stopped.

2 days later, chlorine production is poor. Cell light blinking green again.

Is the IC20 dead? Anything else I can do. Bought cell in 2011, but live in midwest. Only use cell 3 months out of the year.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Chad

Is the Flow and Salt lights green?

If so, a blinking cell light is typically the sign of a dead cell.

If you wish --
Pressing and holding the “More” button launches the System Status Mode. When the lights finish scrolling, the percent lights indicate hours of usage in 1,000s. For example, if the 40% light lights, that indicates 4,000 hours.

Is the Flow and Salt lights green?

If so, a blinking cell light is typically the sign of a dead cell.

If you wish --
Pressing and holding the “More” button launches the System Status Mode. When the lights finish scrolling, the percent lights indicate hours of usage in 1,000s. For example, if the 40% light lights, that indicates 4,000 hours.

Just hooked the IC20 back up.

Flow and Salt lights are both green. Diagnostics is showing 8000 hours. Cell light not blinking now, but I'm assuming that is temporary. Pool chlorine levels have been dropping much more than usual. Just checked CYA and it is a little low (50-60).

9 years on an IC20 is pretty good.

Is the salinity at least 3,800 ppm?

If yes, it's probably time for a new cell.

You can go up to about 4,500 ppm for salinity to try to get a little bit more life out of the cell, but it might not work depending on how worn out the cell is.

9 years on an IC20 is pretty good.

Is the salinity at least 3,800 ppm?

If yes, it's probably time for a new cell.

You can go up to about 4,500 ppm for salinity to try to get a little bit more life out of the cell, but it might not work depending on how worn out the cell is.

Just checked IC20. Blinking again. Salt level is 4000. Probably time for a new cell.

We have a 16k pool with an automatic cover. Because of the cover, it stays pretty clean. I try to minimize pump usage and run for 4 hrs or so a day. During the peak summer, IC20 can't keep up chlorine demand. I have to run the pumps longer. As such, I thought about purchasing an IC40 instead of the IC20. Our IC20 hooks into an Easytouch panel. Are IC20 and IC40 interchangeable from a plumbing and electrical standpoint?

Thanks.

Where is best place to buy? Amazon?

Unfortunately, I had to replace our robot cleaner 2 days ago. Ordered from Marina. They don't carry salt generators do they? Didn't see salt generators on their website. I emailed them, but probably won't hear back for a day or so.

Search around for pricing on IC. Some folks are reporting issues ordering from Pool Supply World so would stay away from them right now.

See if PolyTec Pools has them.

Marina does not carry that kind of equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Search around for pricing on IC. Some folks are reporting issues ordering from Pool Supply World so would stay away from them right now.

See if PolyTec Pools has them.

Marina does not carry that kind of equipment.
What issues are people reporting about Pool Supply World? I was looking to place an order with them for an IC20 today? Thanks.

What issues are people reporting about Pool Supply World? I was looking to place an order with them for an IC20 today? Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.
Some members had reported delayed shipments, difficulty in contacting the company, etc. This was several months ago during the peak of Covid issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.