iAqualink only schedules "Filter Pump" not "VSP epump"

285Pool

Jul 2, 2023
Atlanta
I recently upgraded to a variable speed pump as my old one was about to go out.

I chose one of the higher HP Jandy models and have tried to program low speed and high speed filtration.

When I program only variable speed options (VSP1 Spd Adj), the program never turns on the pump. I have to program "filter pump" into the program and then the pump turns on. However, when it is on, the pump changes between low speed (2150) and high speed (3250) at random.

I have cleared out all of the programs and rebooted the iAqualink system and still have the same issue.

Does anyone have a sense of what could be causing this? I'd like to be able to know how much high speed filtration I am getting.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Can you post a picture of the program that is not working? Here is my program. I run all day at "Filter Pump" speed, then increase to 3000 at various times throughout the day.

1688379240927.png

Reactions: jesse-99
Thanks for your help. I've watched it a bit more and have found that the pump alternates between 2150 (low speed) and 3250 (high speed) every hour on the hour. This is the program that I'm using that causes it to work like that.
1688411996566.png

This is the program that never turns on the pump.
1688412141781.png

Would love your thoughts.

Which one of your schedules is active? A or B? Nothing there seems to be the issue though. Do you have anything set on the "Device Run Time" section?

I suggest you delete the program entirely and start from scratch. Just put one line in and see if the problem goes away. If so, add the 2nd line.

1688412463948.png

I've done that. I'm currently running B and deleted A after sending this thread. Will see if that helps. Is there a chance that it's a hardware issue with iAqualink?
Not likely. Are you sure it's changing speed? When they first start up it goes into prime mode. When you look at the status what speed does it say is running?

Also note that the SPEED shown on the Status Page -may- also lag behind the actual running speed by a few minutes.

For example: When the pump is priming (lets say 3250 RPM), the Status page will shown RPM of 3250, but when the priming is done and the pump is now running at 2500 RPM, the Status page may still show 3250 RPMs for another few minutes before the Status page correctly identifies the 2500 RPM running speed.

Not sure if this is the case for everyone, but that's definitely how all 3 of my VSPs appear in iAquaLink. (my VSPs are Pentair, and not Jandy, but, I doubt that matters).

Not likely. Are you sure it's changing speed? When they first start up it goes into prime mode. When you look at the status what speed does it say is running?

Also just to add on to this, if you're not certain it's changing speeds, go back by the equipment and listen to it. You will hear any increase/decrease of RPM in your VSP pretty easily I think.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.