iAqualink aux 4 thru 7 lights showing "on" on the in house panel

Re: iAqualink aux 4 thru 7 lights showing "on" on the in hou

Funny you posted this- this weekend. My four lights have started coming on again. I have not changed or added anything to my system so I wonder if this could be caused by some kind of neighbors (or mine) radio-internet signal fluctuation that the Iaqualink is picking up...most of the time it is in the early morning hours..12am to 6am?

Heinsite said:
Funny you posted this- this weekend. My four lights have started coming on again. I have not changed or added anything to my system so I wonder if this could be caused by some kind of neighbors (or mine) radio-internet signal fluctuation that the Iaqualink is picking up...most of the time it is in the early morning hours..12am to 6am?
For me, anyway, it's not wifi signal related as I have an additional wireless access point ten feet from the iAquaLink with no conflicting channels or coverage from my neighbors and I still have the issue.

I am going to keep resetting for a week or so (last night they did not come on) and see if I can figure out a pattern. It definitely has to be electrical impulses since the Iaqualink must be a higher priority, so something like a program or timer or surge from my house must be sending a signal, impulse or something that triggers the lights to go on. I'm not an electrician, but it would seem to be something like this.

I registered on this site just for this problem...!

Same problem as everyone else - 4 aux lights coming on randomly which can only be reset by cutting the power.

Mine seem to come on early evening (although I'm not sure there is a definitive pattern) and until today not too often - but today they can back on a few minutes after I reset which prompted me to try and see if I can fix it.

My control panel and iAqualink are currently the same priority (4) so I'll change that to see if it helps.

So is the consensus is that neither the priority change nor the resistors (or both) are the fix? Has anyone tried both fixes combined? Since these came from Zodiac, maybe they don't have a fix either?

No I think the priority change DID fix the problem. I have not had the lights come back on since last post, so I think I'm fixed. FYI, I run my pool equipment during winter as well, so I've been light free for several months

Heinsite - I thought you posted that the lights returned after changing priority. Be that as it may, good to hear that you haven't had the problem recently. I changed the priority of the iAqualink to be higher (lower number) than the control panel last night so will see how that goes and will report back if the problem reoccurs. I close my pool over the winter and shut the breakers to pump, heater, in-pool/spa lights but still use the control panel/iAqualink to control my path, deck and other landscape lights over the winter so will see the problem if it reoccurs even with the pool closed.

Incidentally, anyone have a workaround that allows freeze protection to be disabled - its annoying to continually see the Freeze protect warning and the pump light on (even though the pump is not running due to its breaker being off). There is not enough range in the freeze protect temperature adjustment. What would happen if I temporarily disconnected the temperature sensor over the winter? I suspect other errors would show.

I installed the iAqualink about 4 months ago. I started having the same problem with AUX lights coming on randomly. Could not turn off without turning power off and on. It got even worse, it would randomly turn on my pool equipment (like the heater!). I saw the potential problem with the control panel conflict. Sure enough, I found I had a conflict and fixed it. Everything worked great for about a month. However, just when I thought everything was fine, the AUX lights started coming on again last week. Looks like they randomly come on sometime at night. This is, indeed, a strange problem. I am an electrical engineer, so I will be investigating further, although without documentation it will be difficult.

This issue for me is now, resolved!

I got so fed up on this issue between pool guys having no idea and iAqualink literally not willing to help a homeowner (they said "leave it to the professionals" and told me to contact a repairman) I again took matters into my own hands. This time I bypassed the wifi altogether. I sucked it up and did what needed to be done to get a cat5 cable to the iAqualink, and ever since, this problem has not reoccurred for me. Are all of you that are still having this problem using iAqualink via the WiFi or Ethernet?

Let me be clear I don't believe the wifi signal was the issue. My signal strength was usually at 4/5, but there is definitely something wrong with either the firmware on the card or wireless "B" band (which is very susceptible to RFI-this is a well known fact - and basically means if you have any other devices on the 2.4 GHz wireless band such as cordless phones, microwave ovens, etc. they can interfere with your iAqualink).

BTW if you call iAqualink they will blame your RS controller. My tenacious pool guy tried calling them for me (since they didn't want to talk with a homeowner) and they blamed my RS controller. Aux 4-7 still kicked on repeatedly when my RS controller was unplugged and only the iAqualink was plugged in, so....again this is an iAqualink related issue. I was so frustrated when my pool guy said that iAqualink claims they haven't heard any complaints on this issue!! My suggestion is, if you are still having this problem to relentlessly contact iAqualink asking for a solution. This has been a documented problem for over 2 years (since 2012) which is unacceptable. Otherwise you could try a wired connection. This solved the issue for me and the app is also a little snappier when loading!

PS. you could also see about a firmware update. To my knowledge there hasn't been an update in over a year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but having the same problem as everyone else. Installed my Aqualink wireless in late May 2014 and withing about one week was having the same issue,, manifesting itself the same way as everyone else on the forum. the lights come on randomly, mostly overnight after the equipment has been off for a few hours, but also during the day occasionally while pump, heater and cleaner, etc may be running. I switched the priority of devices as described in this forum and that hasn't worked and I tried to add the 1 Ohm resistor across wires "1" and "2" in the red connector on the control panel inside my home. When I did that I could not get the system to reboot normally when I turned the power back on. All lights were lit up and the display just showed the name of the current software version. Perhaps there was a problem with the way I implemented that fix, I don't know. Although it seemed pretty straight-forward. I even contacted Zodiac and both via chat and email they would not help me other than saying that it was some sort of easily fixed "communication problem." Has anyone else been able to develop a "sure fire" fix or have additional information? Thanks....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.