iAqualink 3.0 (iQ30) Setup Issue, New Install, Serial Error: Board?

CoreDex

Jul 8, 2023
Doylestown, PA
Hi All,
New the forum, lots of great resources. I seeking some insight on setting up the iAqualink 3.0 (iQ30) controller. Whenever I try to add the controller, I get the message: "Enter a Valid Serial".

I've read all related posts I can find and can't solve. This is entirely new control setup. I had no controller installed prior, it was all manual, so I just installed both the Aqualink RS system specified below as well as the iQ30.
I've confirmed I have a network & Internet connection. I've connected the iQ30 both through WiFi and then Wired to eliminate connectivity questions. In both cases I get an IP address on my network and can ping the unit. All 3 connectivity lights on the iQ30 are lit up (PWR, LAN, WEB). I've also done a reset of the iQ30 and removed and added it to the network. I've also tried adding with the unit in every mode (Auto, Service, Timeout). The 4 wire connection to the panel is good and I've disconnected and reconnected to be sure. I continually get "Enter a Valid Serial" in all cases.

Any suggestions? I'm also wondering if it's possible the revision of the RS4 controller I received is not compatible with the Aqualink 3.0/iQ30? I see in the installation manual it states:
" For use with AquaLink® RS for Systems with Rev R Firmware or later For use with PDA for Systems with 6.0 Firmware or later". I'm including a picture of my board (which shows "RevT.2G") but I am not certain how to confirm the firmware compatibility.
Here's more info on my setup:
Equipment Package: I purchased a new Jandy bundle & controller kit form eBay (.. I know). Here is the link:
JANDY IQ904PS POOL/SPA BUNDLE RSPS4 4 RELAY IAQUALINK AquaLink System Includes:
Aqualink RS 4 system for Pool and Spa Combinations
- 2 Actuator Valves​
- Four 3 HP Relays – System controls pump, heater and 4 Aux functions.​
- 6612F Foundation Power Center.​
- RS-PS4 Power Center electronics.​
- iAquaLink 3.0 Interface Kit​

Thank you in advance for any insights. Below is the control board on my RS4.

AIL4fc8FqRpUJuj65ONcz4u8TaSpbVZ8wENF-Z2cBZTFizP88PTI_8ThNVhHG5bi6mB3s5_JKMPu9-SQIj9SBqUda-_ZcYVFC9Hqzol-upIEjkQAE6yyTYMlV8FE4qSz58H0KFpvrCWsXW6_kEiTD7bQvZ1ItRpr_5dSG4g_iLGsiqvBmtj8wgQwvn9eng8s2ufCXXRczSVS1yxsDzhHxjwLLnOTLi8ZC9yM_CLg_R1Tq9xOUPJN2kGgINYDdInCBnBpitZQ0GPIfSC4mqvQuAJX546ILS7KqiF1KSFQPgSGOT44AVqKgmuTvjkOG_VzSvSxmdcZP1HdSf-JX-94fCtT88kdQ5ULaAdut_4pEBrqgGxP3bfQ49qcH7RUP_buAYA-WR517-j9fycHmyAYAAPS5j93mi8o9ESsrqMl4TDu-jI5IkL9pNgePYs8ylr1pLRW8dbSzq4PkzcCdDA5SKBCi19CQ7NjIYYA46Ravgq5U89CZoJohFrjUWJXEUnwGObkaAmtHpyvgWzifVys4zExW7x0dOYv1S4X2FQ4AOFapfW3ltf4jGZV6I2N1lxLD-IML8efn_CB79GCFiAPkmuiNPeArkkrLfyEO2LiPSo5vJMk5FgWvkBHuPD7ZaQRCYIMYayLKC4Is2v9EeXBGqL5AasMOTiuT2-tkxCHroLU4UCRawvv-x91gZULb6aazpW-zuLxXZf_J2SzE3zLP4h9IJduKSphzivaqMHBgkzGgAQgs4FLgpqpczlMczDclVgcPW-tG2Y_SWSDEA5lPlGwV2LvxLJsRbevE0XczfBEy1KCVbV6om8i4DfGL3M9yW9sb8i9rnekE85jax7j5Qln-mtS_uPoOP_as6Rp-aV6QUeVq6IDEve9OadOoUgzWRZz2sPoHMBLYg2yhzhewTZdJP0=w989-h1319-s-no

Welcome to TFP.
Your firmware T.2 on the PCB is the latest revision so that seems fine. You have to register the PCB, there should have been a card in the box which had install information and it shows a DEVICE number at the bottom. That is different from the serial number.
Are you trying to register using a PC or from the phone. I would use the PC.

It appears the antenna is working fine - its the PCB that needs to be registered.

I hate that stupid SERIAL NUMBER error too. I think the fix for me was to try and do the registering for it from the website off my laptop and NOT from the phone app itself. Was a long time ago, so can't remember exactly but.... Maybe give that a try.

Reactions: HermanTX
HermanTx & jesse-99: Thank you both for the prompt replies. I believe I'm using the right code. It used the "Device Number" that is both on the "hand tag/Install Card", and hte # here matches the same number inside of the iQ30 device when I remove the cover. The format is XXX-XXX-XX-XXX. I need to register just this device, not the RS4 unit separately, is that correct? (e.g. just one device in total).

I did try on both my PC and on my phone. Both give the same "Enter a Valid Serial Number" error. I may try to call Jandy Customer Support tomorrow when they are open. (Hoping they will help a non-installer?)

Darn, sorry its still not working for you. I was getting that code constantly and the serial # was correct. You might have to call Jandy support :(

HermanTx & jesse-99: Thank you both for the prompt replies. I believe I'm using the right code. It used the "Device Number" that is both on the "hand tag/Install Card", and hte # here matches the same number inside of the iQ30 device when I remove the cover. The format is XXX-XXX-XX-XXX. I need to register just this device, not the RS4 unit separately, is that correct? (e.g. just one device in total).

I did try on both my PC and on my phone. Both give the same "Enter a Valid Serial Number" error. I may try to call Jandy Customer Support tomorrow when they are open. (Hoping they will help a non-installer?)
It has been 2 years since I did this. I do not remember having any issue, but I did do it via the website on PC.
Good Luck - Hope it works out when you contact Jandy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.