IAqualink 3.0 compatible with Aqualink RS4?

timd

Jul 20, 2012
Cleburne, TX
Just had my salt system upgraded to a PLC1400 and upgraded to iAqualink3.0 Upgrade Kit w/ RS-PS8 PCB. We've always had the Aqualink RS4 mounted on the wall inside the house inside the back door, to control the pool, hot tub, and monitor the system (would display the air temp, water temp, salt level, etc.). The pool tech who installed the new board said the RS4 would not be compatible with the IAqualink 3.0 as it would interfere with the app and web application to control the system.
My question is, can I at least hook up the Aqualink RS4 to show anything on the indoor display, I understand I would not necessarily be able to control the system from it, but seeing a black screen on the unit is still odd to look at, since before when it was the "brains" of the system when it was black meant there was an isssue!

Post a pic of what you call the Aqualink RS4.

This is a Jandy All Button control panel...

OIP.fJgP32xrsbe9P7Mvz7PbHgHaHa

This control panel should be compatible with your IAqualink system.

The pool tech is a moron (shocking), All-Button and OneTouch indoor controllers will work fine. You can do most everything on the All-button except for adjusting VSP speeds. I have an All Button mounted on the wall in conjunction with iAqualink. There are no "conflicts".

The only boards/firmware that indoor controllers do not work with are PDA-specific (or one that has ancient, ancient firmware).

As Allen said, that is an All-Button. It'll work fine if it gets reconnected.

For reference, these two are working quite happily together:

abcontroller.jpg
ial.jpg

Last edited:
That black terminal bar is for a spa-side button panel.

The All-Button works via the RS-485 data link, which are the two red 4-pin terminal bars at the left of your board. He may have shoved the wires somewhere back in the box. If you find them, you can connect them to either of those red terminals (it's okay to have two devices in one terminal, just be sure to power down the Aqualink before you do this).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No need to change it, then. It's for multiple indoor controllers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.