I would appreciate your help with plaster issue.

Hello All,
I wanted to revive this topic in order to make a final take. The pool company had been very good and we have agreed to replaster with peple from Wet Edge. The color I have chosen is called caribean. A mix of blue black brown in a foundation of light blue plaster. The question is the builder tells me that after a year the color will change to a grey color due to calcium build in my area. Also they are telling me that the pepple and the plaster final product will look like the pic and not like the sample from wetedge. They have explained that the work will be done by hand and I will see areas were the pepple will not be present. They are suggesting for me to go with a white pepple and they will add blue quartz included. The wife is set on the caribean but I am very big on small details and I would like to see consistency on the color and the finish. Could you give me some thoughts???

I am not a plaster expert but two things come to mind.....

If you will manage your pool water carefully, you can eliminate calcium deposits. Neglect your chemistry and the plaster people will put it right back on you.

In any masonry product, you cannot get absolute consistency. Concrete, plaster, grout, etc. is seldpom the same color twice. You will have to decide what level you are comfortable with but no one should promise you absolute consistency or accuracy of color.......just too many variables

duraleigh said:
I am not a plaster expert but two things come to mind.....

If you will manage your pool water carefully, you can eliminate calcium deposits. Neglect your chemistry and the plaster people will put it right back on you.

In any masonry product, you cannot get absolute consistency. Concrete, plaster, grout, etc. is seldpom the same color twice. You will have to decide what level you are comfortable with but no one should promise you absolute consistency or accuracy of color.......just too many variables

Fair, I agree with you. I guess my concern is not seeing the blue plaster in a year. What about the white peple with mix in blue quartz?

I believe light colored quartz pools will look better and longer than dark colored. Blue color pigments have the most problems. My own pool used white cement with a medium blue quartz added. No colored pigments. Looks great after nine years.

onBalance said:
I believe light colored quartz pools will look better and longer than dark colored. Blue color pigments have the most problems. My own pool used white cement with a medium blue quartz added. No colored pigments. Looks great after nine years.

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to ask you, the PB will use white pepple and add blue quartz. What do y ou think?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.