I will NEVER backwash/recharge my DE filter again...

I'm so glad to have found this thread! I only backwashed once, about 9 years ago, and have done the once or twice a year complete cleaning. And every 3 years or so, a new set of grids due to small tears in the fabric.

Every three years seems overly frequent for grid replacement. What Filter do you have? I'm going on 16 years without a tear (as I go looking for some wood to knock on).

UPDATE:

Did another wash a few days ago... went extremely well once again. I didn't even backwash prior to pulling the filter... it was heavy and DIRTY but it rinsed off easily. I decided to take it apart this time and I think I will from now on... still about a 30-40 min process start to finish but it cleans up so much better without backwashing. I think If I had done this from the beginning, the filters woudl still look BRAND new as they still look danged good!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.