I want to hard plumb this year!

Okay. Wrong smiley thingy. It was the only "no pic" smiley.
Sorry. Didn't mean to offend.:cry:

I was just hoping for some pics of the process cause we all LOVE pics! I've already done the hard plumb on my intex and am currently working on adding a second return and hoped the OP would share his journey with us through pictures.

Photobucket is the way to go!
For just snapshots, Photobucket is OK. The site is now clunky and confusing with content and fluff. Photobucket has changed the quality of all my old photos and I can no longer use them. If you do anything photography hobby related, Photobucket is no longer viable for storage of high quality photos.

I've switched to using just Dropbox. I use it for hundreds of files to access where ever and on whatever device I am using. There is a public folder that can provide a link to use in email, forums, and such. You can access your files through the web.interface on any machine/device or through a downloaded utility that keeps a local copy and syncs for you. I have the utility on my home computer and my personal office computer at work and have access to my files on other shared computers at work through the web interface.

Flickr is another photo hosting site that is good. Their process of selecting a size for posting to forums is a much higher quality than Photobucket.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just use photobucket for this forum. The pics I post here don't need to be mega amazing quality (although I've never noticed any issues with them) I have dropbox for storagebut never tried linking anything from there. I find photobucket to be pretty darn simple for posting here.

I also prefer to post my pictures directly into the post rather than a link someone has to click on and view in another tab. I don't think that's possible with dropbox.

I guess everyone has their own preferences!

Ok I've taken photos on my iPad and feel like an idiot. So I haven't kept up with technology very well since windows 3.1!

I've downloaded the photobucket app and imported the pics to my album there. Now I still can not get them into a post! I've tried the copy and past the link which pb gives you multiple different links to copy and past. None of them work. They either say file to large or wrong file type. I've also gone into settings and deleted some older photo post bc I was right at 10 mb. I'm now at 7 mob used. Any ideas?

Would I just be better off pulling out the dinosaur laptop to do this instead of the iPad?

Thx

Yeah, there should be no app required. I am guessing that the app is local, but should allow you to sync the pictures to the online database which you can then link to from the forum.

Thanks! Looks like I finally got it......I keep telling my wife I'm trainable........

You can see the new line I ran to the other side of the pool with the new return I cut into the side with the new poolskim working. Hope this helps and there is no let down in anticipated pics!

The solar heater is another new craigslist purchase this spring. That rack came with it for $50! So I just used flex lines and set the rack up to see if we like it and if it was going to do anything before I spent time and $ making someone I like. We love it so far! It has made a huge diff this year. I have 2 more 2x20 sections of it as well. I will be coming up with some sort of permanent solution for it as well as adding at least 1 more section if jot both.

"we do not recommend the use of non-pressure rated DWV sweep 90s as shown in the pictures."

I looked at several plumbing stores for schedule 40 90 sweeps but was not able to find any. That why I used the dwv sweeps. I did not want the reg 90 degree schedule 40 elbows as a personal preference. When/if I have issues with them I'm sure I will let everyone know the latest saga with the pool. :brickwall:

Schedule 40 sweeps are not a common item, but they are available for order online. I will add that they make very little difference in the overall head loss / flow rate, so not usually worth it ... other than for your personal preference, apparently ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.