Sugar Land Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey y’all.
Hope everyone is doing well.

So, I’m tired of going around the side of the house to turn on and off the fill valve.

Can I add a fill valve to my controller?

This valve will go to the Back Flow Preventer to supply the fill line.
I wan to add this to my system so I can control it via the Pentair app.
Can this be done?

Thanks
Robert
Sugar Land TX

Robert,

No problem..

You just need a sprinkler valve and a source for 24 Volts AC.. Could be from a 24 VAC transformer, or from a sprinkler controller. You could also get it from the Valve connector inside the EasyTouch, although I don't recommend that approach. If something goes wrong, you could end up blowing up your EasyTouch board.

Your EasyTouch needs to have a relay that is not being used. You'd route the 24 VAC through an Aux relay and to the sprinkler.. When relay closed, the sprinkler valve would open, and let water into your pool. You would manually turn the Aux relay on, and you would set an egg-timer so that it automatically shut off X minutes later.

That is basically what I have on my pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have autofill, but I plumbed in an irrigation valve on one of the aux relays to control the time of when it filled each day using a schedule. You could do the same and toggle the relay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.