I thought I knew how to get the water clear but I dont..Help

Re: I thought I knew how to get the water clear but I dont..

I'd like to point out that the pool is not yet clear, as Medic himself (herself?) stated above. When you have no doubt about clarity, then the pool is clear. When it's "not as clear as it has been before", it's not clear and doesn't qualify as passing the clear water criteria. Keep shocking and filtering. Add POP.

One thing I'm not exactly clear on after reading this thread is whether or not all the debris has been cleared from the pool. If not, get it out. Also, have you been brushing regularly paying particular attention to nooks and crannies, light fixtures and other hard to get to spots?

frogabog said:
I'd like to point out that the pool is not yet clear, as Medic himself (herself?) stated above. When you have no doubt about clarity, then the pool is clear. When it's "not as clear as it has been before", it's not clear and doesn't qualify as passing the clear water criteria. Keep shocking and filtering. Add POP.

One thing I'm not exactly clear on after reading this thread is whether or not all the debris has been cleared from the pool. If not, get it out. Also, have you been brushing regularly paying particular attention to nooks and crannies, light fixtures and other hard to get to spots?

Pool is now clear as it has ever been...all of the debris has been removed out of pool. WHen I was able to see the bottom of the deep end there was some more leaves in bottom and I removed at that time...a few days ago.

I have discontinued the shocking process and everything looks okay now. Thanks for all the input.

I've been having the same problem as you.. for 4 weeks now! i am adding DE and have a kreepy krawler running sometimes. there is nothing on the bottom at all. baskets are always empty. still cloudy with no improvement, or so it seems. I'm up to a lot of bleach. i'd say 120 to 140 gallons. the wife now hates the pool and we are all pretty saddened by it. anyone have any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.