New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hello. I think I need a new pump but wanted to run it past folks here to be sure. 240 connection, Doheny 1.5 single speed pump that was put in 8/2021. This year I opened the pool for the season and started it up and everything was fine. I ran the pump starting about 5 pm and when I woke up in the morning it was off (I didn't have the timer set so I don't know how long it ran but it was at east 6 hrs based on when I last looked at it. Panel was fine (no tripped breaker & timer still had power) so I took cover off the pump and took removed the power supply wires and put the wires back on. It started again so I figured something was loose. Came home from work, it was fine (was on all day). Next morning it was off again. I tested the voltage at the panel (it was fine, reading ~248 v). I then tested the power at the pump connection (same result, ~248 v). I then removed the power supply wires and check them and got the same result (~248 v). I let it sit for 12 hours thinking it might be an overheating issues but it didn't turn on. The capacitor seems fine (no visible damage) and there is no humming (no sound at all like it's trying to work). Flow was fine when it was on. I can't get to the impeller without taking the thing apart (but I don't think it's that). If anyone has another suggestion I'll try it but I feel like it's done. Thanks for any help you can give.

Replacing the capacitor is an inexpensive investment before you declare the pump terminal.

Reactions: Nectarologist
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.