I think I made a mistake choosing the Easytouch over the Intellitouch

Slurpee98

LifeTime Supporter
May 6, 2013
Howdy,

I posted this question in my pool build thread, but I figured I'd be more likely to get an answer in a separate forum.

I got to play with my newly installed Easytouch last night and the ScreenLogic interface. I was thrilled. Right up until I realized I can't macro anything.

I'll have 5 different color changing lights, two actuators for water feature driving, and one variable speed pump I mean to run at various RPMs for each macro.

What's the right thing to do? Replace the whole EasyTouch with an Intellitouch, find some other controller besides the screenlogic that can do macros at the software level like a universal remote, or maybe just exchange the door panel and personality of the Easy Touch with an i9+3 personality kit?

What do y'all think? Any tips? I know I'm going to have to dish out some cash to get this the way I want it.

Cheers,
Bryan

Please never ask the same question in more than one place!

EasyTouch doesn't have macros, and IntelliTocuh does. On the other hand EasyTouch can do almost everything you mentioned.

EasyTouch has Auxs, which loosely correspond to relays, which more generally can be thought of as "things" which are either on or off. Each Aux can have an associated pump speed (when on) and can switch a relay and can turn a valve. If you want something fancier than that, you will need to switch to IntelliTouch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.