Thomasville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R4
We completed our slam several weeks ago and started up the salt water generator. I was tweaking the timing on the SWG and while I was busy I let the FC drop to 2.5. It was at this level for several days. I guess I should have added bleach instead of trying to get it up with the SWG. The poor little SWG just couldn't get the FC up. So, today when I go outside I see algae and freak out. I added bleach to get the FC up to 6 using pool math. Then, I brushed the pool very good. This afternoon the FC is 0 so I added more bleach per pool math to get it back up to 6. Am I going to have to slam the thing again or can I get it back under control just adding bleach to the recommended levels?

I hate to disappoint you :(

But SLAM is the process that needs to be followed through with to clear algae. Cutting corners on the "process" will likely have you chasing algae all summer. Don't ask me how I know that.

I've found with my SWG, it's best to bring CYA up to the 70-85 ish range to prevent what happened to you. But of course not until after SLAM.

You got this. It should go fast if you caught it early.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.