I mixed Algaecide 60 Plus and chlorinating liquid, what should I do next?

Dec 30, 2015
San Jose, CA
I had a mildly (light) algae problem, so last weekend, I followed the instruction and added ~16oz Algaecide 60 Plus in the pool as the initial dosage, then I also added some liquid chlorine based on the Pool Math calculation. The water was fine in last week, and algae didn't show up.

This weekend (yesterday), I did a regular water testing and found FC was 0, I meant the water sample didn't turn red/pink at all. I thought it was consumed completely, so I used Pool Math and added enough liquid chlorine, then ~8oz Algaecide 60 plus for the 2nd time as the maintenance dosage.

Today, I checked FC again, and found it was still "0", the water sample didn't turn red/pink after putting 2 dippers R-0870. When I took a second look at the instructions of Algaecide 60 Plus, it said "Not to use together with liquid chlorine". :(

It seems I have made a mistake here, so what will happen in the water and what should I do next? Wait till the Algaecide 60 Plus all gone (then I can test FC normally)? By far, the water looks fine. And today's testing results are:
FC: N/A
CC: 0
TA: 60
Hard.: 60
CYA: <30 (I can still see the black dot quite well when it reached 30 mark, the highest mark)

Thank you!

Hi Felipe, when I used Algaecide 60+, my pool wasn't green, there were some algae on the walls or corners, so I think it is still more "preventive". As I said, the water is fine now, no algae, no green, do I still need to SLAM?

BTW, the current PH is 7.4.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.