Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last year I thought I was plagued with algae. I’m starting to think it’s something else. Let me explain.
I kept getting streaks of mud and small dots on the pool floor. Never on the ladder , filter , or sides of pool. To remedy my algae issue I drained half the pool to lower cya. It’s now at 50 to 60 . I replaced the sand with brand new when I opened 3 days ago.
Upon opening the pool was crystal clear. Not even a work on the bottom. My numbers were all in range . My fc was 13 . I’ve had the pump and filter on non stop for 3 days. The water temp is freezing . Not sure what degree but I would guess 55 ish.
The fc is down to 11.5 . It’s been sunny for 3 days. I didn’t add any bleach. So my fc is holding strong but I have the mud looking spots on the bottom again. If this were algae wouldn’t it have bloomed over the winter ? Wouldn’t it be lowering the fc at a faster rate ? Wouldn’t I have cc? It tests at 0 . I have no idea what it is or what to do

The fc is down to 11.5 . It’s been sunny for 3 days. I didn’t add any bleach. So my fc is holding strong but I have the mud looking spots on the bottom again. If this were algae wouldn’t it have bloomed over the winter ?
Likely not with cold water.
Wouldn’t it be lowering the fc at a faster rate ?
Maybe, maybe not. In cold water, the rate of algae growth is slowed.
Wouldn’t I have cc? It tests at 0 .
You can have CC=0 and algae.
I have no idea what it is or what to do
Do an overnight chlorine loss test. Link-->Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Reactions: Bperry
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.