I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't thought about Bromine yet but I don't see why not. When I started this it was just for me but now I have a lot of users and I want more so I'd like to include eveyone. Let me look into it.

Holydoc. Thanks for the error message. I'll fix that tomorrow. Glad you are enjoying it.

I can't recall if this has been mentioned yet, but a way to customize the "how long until a warning is given" variable for each testing component would be nice. It currently nags me about checking my borates weekly, but it really isn't necessary to check borates but once a season.

Otherwise I'm loving it.

I can't recall if this has been mentioned yet, but a way to customize the "how long until a warning is given" variable for each testing component would be nice. It currently nags me about checking my borates weekly, but it really isn't necessary to check borates but once a season.

Otherwise I'm loving it.

Yep, it is in the cards. I wasn't going to make it as granular as each test but maybe I should since maybe salt and borates don't need to be tested that often.

I was potentially going to make an opt in text message alert system that could text you a reminder, then you could text it your levels back and it would just enter it in the log. But that is for later.

Edit: I changed salt and borates to monthly for now until I can make the advanced settings.

Added CYA calcs. add your targets and test away! Send feedback if you can please.

Also, I think I have decided I needed a nice quick calculator too. I will just take your current values and you can enter quick targets with dropdowns like: I want to (raise/lower) my (FC/PH/TA/CYA/CH/Salt/Borates) by ___. so you can quickly do adds etc without having to put in a target in settings. I'll think more on it. It's like the opposite of the Pool Math Effects of Chemicals tool, but I think more useful for when you are out at the pool.

I also want to get more time to finish these calcs because I want to start having the ability to track chemical additions so you can pull reports like: I have used X amount of bleach this month or this year etc...

So much to do, so little time, but it's come a long way in a couple months.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone have any thoughts on how I should do CH level reductions. To calculate how much water to drain to reduce CH levels we need fill water CH levels. I can easily put fill water CH in the settings for advanced users but how should I handle it for newbies who don't know what they are doing? Just give a generic 'you will need to drain water to reduce CH levels' Maybe with some additional messaging that says to test their fill water and input it in settings to find out how much?

Also for Salt, everyone's targets will be different here depending on which system you have. So how should I handle these 'default targets'?

Thanks for the ideas!

I think I fixed what you were talking about. I also just added all the math for CH, it felt like it was a little wonky but let me know if it works. I added settings for target CH, salt, and borates, and for CH of fill water.

Just salt and borates left, then I am on to other features.

Salt is done! So no you can pretty much calc everything within pool logger. I only have to Borates next and then I am going to work on tracking chemical additions, so you can see how much chemicals you use over time. This I'll work on additional suggested features including a quick calc as well. But primarily, you should be able to most of everything within pool logger now. Yippee!

Russell,

Is there anywhere in Pool Logger that tells you what your ranges should be? For instance, I have a pH = 7.4 Pool logger states:

[h=3]Danger[/h]Your PH level is lower than reccomended levels. Add 13 oz by weight or 11 oz by volume of washing soda or soda ash to raise your PH.

I cannot find where logger believes my pH level should equal 7.6 which is what the above calculates. And why is this a "Danger"?

Not only would I like to see the values that Logger is recommending, but also be able to put in the ranges I would like for those values. For example I can currently put in a Target pH = 7.4. But I would like to put in a Range of 7.4 - 7.8.

This project is coming along great and I appreciate you letting us be a part of it. Just a few items to make it my primary logger:
1. Ability to download all inputs with a single stroke (i.e., you have the ability to download one day at a time, but I would like to download my entire database of entries at one time).
2. Tie Notes to a particular test. (I know this one is being worked)
3. Ability to set individual reminders for each test component.
4. Add ability to log what actions where taken due to the tests. For instance if it suggests that you should add 56 ounces of Bleach to raise to your target FC, then I should have a spot where I can enter in how much bleach I added. I use this to estimate how much the pool is costing me in bleach as well as getting an average of how much bleach is needed for certain times of the year.

The above are just suggestions and not criticisms. I think your project and work is awesome!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.