I knew this was going to happen! My turn for a SLAM.

Well, I guess that it is due to the backwashing/refilling I have been doing over the past week, but my CYA level has dropped to 30.
I have another 4lbs of CYA here for when I come out of the SLAM that I am in to bring it back up to the 50-60 that I usually keep it at.
I figure that it should be another day or 2.

The water is looking good though! (I would get in to it.)

Reactions: Newdude
You forgot what I said in the first post in this thread. I am taking care of my bed ridden wife, so I can't spend much (any) time in the pool unless there is a family member here to take care of her needs while I am out there.

I have been slipping out to test, brush, vacuum.. etc while she has been asleep, and coming back in FREQUENTLY while in the process of any of the longer procedures to make sure that she is either still sleeping, or not in need of anything.

As for the pics, I wil be taking another one at around 4pm local time from the same spot of the rest to act as a comparison. ;)

You forgot what I said in the first post in this thread. I am taking care of my bed ridden wife, so I can't spend much (any) time in the pool unless there is a family member here to take care of her needs while I am out there.
You are correct, I'm sorry for that. My heartfelt apologies. I'm sorry you are dealing with hospice, not a great time...I'm sorry I added to your burden. Please forgive me...

Reactions: RonsPlc
Ron,
Just catching up on your thread, you’re making great strides while going through such a challenging journey!
Sending big hugs for you, your wife & your family
Happy I Love You GIF by Life of a Potato

I have been dealing with some rough family medical stuff lately as well & helping others/checking in on TFP has helped me cope! You’re an absolute inspiration!

You are correct, I'm sorry for that. My heartfelt apologies. I'm sorry you are dealing with hospice, not a great time...I'm sorry I added to your burden. Please forgive me...
It's all good. I would give anything to have her out there in her "Oversized Tanning Bed" with me at this point. There was no offense taken, and I hope you didn't think I was upset with you.
:)

It's all good. I would give anything to have her out there in her "Oversized Tanning Bed" with me at this point. There was no offense taken, and I hope you didn't think I was upset with you.
:)
Nah, I didn't think you were upset, I was embarrassed for the mistake. Peace.

Well, I was not able to get out to the pool yesterday due to weather, and company coming over, so I just trusted the Stenner to do it's thing.
Today the pool looks good enough that I dialed back the chlorine times quite a bit.
I want to let it drop to FC <10 then test the PH level. When I started the SLAM, my PH was under 7, and I bumped it with borax to start doing what needed to be done.

The big stain on the left is from a trampoline spring that ended up in the pool over the course of the winter and left a rust stain behind. As soon as I can, I'll be attacking it with vitamin-C.

Here is the picture from today. FC =14.5 CC =0.

IMG_20230612_181056958.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool looks so good for not messing with it yesterday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.