I knew I was Pool Stored when...

he dumped 4 gal of LC in said you have the highest cya I’ve ever seen and poof ammonia problem solved
But that was a band aid
He was just pulling conditions from his rear. Ammonia eats your CYA and turns it into more ammonia. Then it takes copious amounts of LC to clear it. The telltale sign of ammonia is having 0 CYA and FC, unable to hold either no matter how much you add. (within reason).

Just further proof you were following the blind. Most of us were too, which is why we come back often so it sucks less for others who haven't found their way yet.

The few lucky ones that found us before or during their build repeatedly see how it should have been, and thank their lucky stars.

I was pool stored when ….
I bought my pool from a pool store ….and everyday since until about 4 days ago

Really, only myself to blame - ignorance (lack of knowledge). I had a blow up pool 4 ft deep. Used it one year threw it way bought another the next year. had a blast in it. Then, thought to my self “self, we need an in ground pool”

I have friends with pools and they highly recommended swg, so I ask for it. Basically didn’t want to sell to me because those are “outdated” sold me the frog system instead … what do I know ? Sounds great. Lower fc levels easier on skin blah blah . I could go on for hours, but in a but in a nutshell …. from ammonia to wwm to shocking with granular this or that 10 days in a row because liquid is “just so bulky and heavy to transport” , to cya is nothing to worry about, and your phosphates are too high . I’ve been pool stored more than my share haha!!
Mind you this is my third year owning a pool that gets used roughly end of May-Oct 1st

Btw on the “ammonia” bout, ends up I spent about $800 on chems with no progress at all.
Then, paid a guy (recommend by a friend, not a pool store person)50 bucks to come test my water with a “real kit” he dumped 4 gal of LC in said you have the highest cya I’ve ever seen and poof ammonia problem solved
But that was a band aid

2 years of headaches , now very grateful for tfp. newdude must have angel wings or a halo (maybe both). Of course ALL help has been appreciated

First year of pool ownership was bliss. Looking forward to having that agin
We got u now! 🤗

Reactions: Dirk and Newdude
Joining us at Pool School is the amazing Alicia Stephens from Biolab (aka KIK aka Clorox Pool etc.).

Find out why you need copper algaecide and lots of other useless (aka highly profitable) Bioguard Chemicals for your pool.

Taught by KIK, maker of Clorox Pool Products.

1713584503058.png

Go and ask why 99.9% of their products contain copper and why their salt contains so much iron.

Last edited:
I think that we should all go and get this valuable training.

We can become Bioguard Certified Experts.

How cool is that?

:goodjob:

1) Fly into Manhattan Regional Airport.
2) Stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Hotel.
3) Meet at 528 Pillsbury Dr Manhattan, KS 66502 for the class.

Ok, who's in?

1713585868098.png

1713586086454.png

But you'll be missing out on the opportunity to buy $0.02 worth of pool chemicals for just $1,800.00.
Fixed it for you.

Besides, they will be giving out free prizes including:

1) A 5 gallon supply of copper algaecide.
2) 50 pounds of potassium Persulfate.
3) 20 pounds of aluminum sulfate.
4) 10 pounds of hydrogen sulfide.
5) 80 gallons of Super Duper Top Secret "100-1" Magic Potion (We can't tell you what's in it, but, trust us, it's amazing, and you want it in your pool)!
6) Metal Sequestrant to control all of that copper and iron added by our products.
7) Stain remover.

IM IN! Both my fireplace and stove need to be tuned up, not to mention I can save 20% on pool items I might already need…and it’s all explained for free? I can only hope there’s a complimentary breakfast buffet including three day old overextracted coffee and powdered scrambled eggs!

IMG_0632.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think that we should all go and get this valuable training.

We can become Bioguard Certified Experts.

How cool is that?

:goodjob:

1) Fly into Manhattan Regional Airport.
2) Stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Hotel.
3) Meet at 528 Pillsbury Dr Manhattan, KS 66502 for the class.

Ok, who's in?

View attachment 565902

View attachment 565903

Totally worth the 15 hour flight to LA, then 6 to NY and then on to Manhattan Regional to learn lots of totally useful stuff, pick up this bargain and then hand half of that over to Airport security in NY and the other half to Border Control in Melbourne including a two hour interview with good cop and bad cop.

Count me in :goodjob:

Would those be checked or carryon ? If you're on a plane with a 36 inch oven on your lap, I can't wait for the viral video about it. :ROFLMAO:
Well the stove is technically allowed as a carry on but it’s a little portly so I’m forced to buy an extra seat. The fireplace is a check. Something about compounds in the mortar that the TSA doesn’t like and makes me check and declare. Idk 🤷‍♂️

Well the stove is technically allowed as a carry on but it’s a little portly so I’m forced to buy an extra seat. The fireplace is a check. Something about compounds in the mortar that the TSA doesn’t like and makes me check and declare. Idk 🤷‍♂️
🤭

Reactions: JamesW
I think that we should all go and...
Ha, I thought you were going to go in another direction. Like we all show up with TFP t-shirts and chain ourselves together in the classroom and blow the whole thing up, exposing myths while chanting our TFPC mantas.

people-protest-activism-cartoon-man-woman-activist-characters-demonstrate-take-part-in-protest...jpg

Rap Game No GIF by Lifetime

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and mgtfp
Totally worth the 15 hour flight to LA, then 6 to NY and then on to Manhattan Regional to learn lots of totally useful stuff, pick up this bargain and then hand half of that over to Airport security in NY and the other half to Border Control in Melbourne including a two hour interview with good cop and bad cop.

Count me in :goodjob:
If you take that route, you'll be SUPER disappointed when you find that you are in the very wrong Manhattan!

Instead, fly to LA, then hop a flight over to either Dallas or Chicago, then take that to Manhattan Regional Airport and carpool with @JamesW

You all will be more than welcome to come swim in my own trouble-free pool after class. But I'll ask you to please check your chemical purchases at the door; I don't want that in MY water!

If enough show up, I'll pull the Christmas lights back out and hang them along the fence again, and wear my Cousin Eddie leopard-print speedo.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support