I have no idea what this black stuff is...

catwong87

Oct 19, 2023
Florida
There is black stuff around my spa tile. It's at the water line and formed in the same direction as the water flows. It just showed up one day. I don't think it is algae or mold only because it's not slimy and when I put my finger nail to it it doesn't come off. There's also no black marks anywhere else but around the waterline. Someone said it is grout that is leaching from the tile? But if something is leaching out of the wall then water would be going in behind my tile causing more problems so that doesn't make sense to me...

Attachments

• IMG-1684.jpg
    IMG-1684.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-1680.jpg
    IMG-1680.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 27
There is black stuff around my spa tile. It's at the water line and formed in the same direction as the water flows. It just showed up one day. I don't think it is algae or mold only because it's not slimy and when I put my finger nail to it it doesn't come off. There's also no black marks anywhere else but around the waterline. Someone said it is grout that is leaching from the tile? But if something is leaching out of the wall then water would be going in behind my tile causing more problems so that doesn't make sense to me...
Black algae tends to be hard to remove. Just to make sure, post up your water test results and maybe try doing an OCLT to rule out algae.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.