I have my test kit and now some real numbers

Well, darn it. If I hadn't been away from the pool Tue., I might have been done. ( I'm not complaining really, I'll trade a new grandson for algae any day !) Kim, I think I could actually tell if a nickel were heads or tails if I got real close to the top of the water :eek:. BUT, FC dropped from 34 to 26.5 overnight, CC still at .5, so more bleach today. The problem I'm having is this darn rain. Up to the top of the skimmer again this morning, calling for another 1" to 1/2" through tomorrow. Supposed to dry off some after tomorrow. Unless you think otherwise, I am going to drain about two inches off, then bring it back up to shock level again. I'm thinking I might bump it up higher than 33 with the coming rain. Maybe 2 jugs instead of 1.3 or am I pushing limits still assuming CYA is 85. With the added rain it may have dropped. Don't trust myself testing it with the clouds and rain :rolleyes:

Hey while sitting around waiting to test FC again, I have a technical question. Since we have had very little sunlight lately and CC is always low (a good thing). Am I losing FC to clear CC as well as fighting algae. I guess it's good to stay at shock levels, Huh ! Did I just answer my own question ?:confused:

Well pat yourselves on the back, you got me to stay the course. OCLT this morning
FC loss .8
CC was .5
Water is crystal clear. Kim I'm betting I can spot heads or tails on a dime. Doubt I could tell you the year though.:scratch: Thanks again for hanging in there with me Lisa. I think the sun may even come out this weekend :cool:

I guess I can keep this thread going until my FC finally gets low enough to test PH. I need to stock up on POP. I was looking on pool math to find: with no sunlight and temps in the 60s, how much grass clippings do I add to get my FC down. it's 22.5 down 3.5 since yesterday. At this rate I can leave the SWG off all summer :blah: I better go find a couple of cars to work on

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello, it's me again. Just came from the "debate" about how bad our SWG's are and that reminded me. I meant to ask if you were using borates in your pool and if you found good benefits from it. I really want to try it, once everything gets lined out.

P.S- I mowed the 5 acre farm today. Did not add clippings to the pool, but..... I have a pile standing by. am going to check FC now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.