I have a swamp

We scooped out many trashcans of stuff out. I know I do not have all the debris out, there is some left but not sure how much Did not want to vacuum until we could see the bottom to see what is left. From what I can scoop now it is mostly silt and dirt but it is small amounts not full rake fulls.

The last 4 hours I have only had to add about a 1/2 gallon of chlorine per the calculator. I do not want to plug my pump by vacumming if there are any big leaves down there.

I just hit hour 8 and have not had to add any chlorine for the last 3 hours it is maintaining all shock levels and it appears that water is going from light green tint to a white cloudy color.

I have only had to add about 3 gallons of chlorine total for the day to get it to this point, am going to maintain this until around 11pm tonight and see how it looks in the morning.

10:30 I did the last shock for the night. It is still a light green color but heading towards cloudy white. Only had to use 3 gallons of chlorine to maintain recommended shock level for the day.

Turned on the pool lights after dark and tonight the light travels to middle of the pool. Last night it it only lit up 1/3 of the pool so it is clearing up little by little.

I am going to keep it going again tomorrow. At what point do I stop the shocking?

Thank you. I didn't know what to expect for results but knew that I wasnt going to wake up to a clean pool in the morning.

But it does appear that today did make a big difference, will get a better feel tomorrow night when I do my next pool light test to see how far the light travels across the pool.

6:30am Day 2

Last added chemicals a 10:30pm last night and it maintained shock level throughout the night, no chemicals needed at this time. Will continue throughout today maintaining shock level.

Is it ok to try to broom the bottom towards the shallow end so that nothing covers the main drain if there are still some big leaves down there?

Keep at it!! Get all the crud you can out of the pool and start brushing. It may stir it up but algae can form a biofilm and make it harder for the chlorine to consume it....brush away!!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Just received a real test kit instead of strips. Taylor K-2006

Here are my readings:
FC 4.5
CC 1.0
Ph 7.0
TA 120
CH 440
Cya 30

Isnt CC supposed to be higher than FC?

Raising Chlorine level back to shock level per calculator.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Combined Chlorine sounds misleading, it sounds like something you add to FC to get a total.

I just looked it up in the glossary and understand now.

I tried vacuuming the other day and plugged the skimmer line, so stopped. This morning I got a leaf trap to install before the skimmer and will now clean everything up in the pool to help the shock along.

The leaf trap works but it is slow, looks like I am back to the leaf rake, gonna rake it til its just soupy mud and let the filter do its job. Good thing is that I have a real test kit. Used the new test kit and compared it to the strips and its not even close.

I apologize for the lack of updates, we got hit by a big storm, tree limbs in the pool, loss of power.

I stopped shocking and cleaned up from the storm. I got the pool to a milky white before the storm but it went back to green after one day of no power.

After filtering for another week and maintaining shock level was only able to get it back to a light green. At this point the filter was requireing very little backwash and when I did it was coming out clean, not knowing when the sand was changed because we bought the house 3 months ago. I am guessing that the filter was working at its best under the conditions and just cycling the particle filled water back into the pool.

3 days ago, I changed the filter sand and got back in business, the filter is now collecting dirt again. On a mission to beat the green and get clear water, we spent the day yesterday scooping the pool and vacuuming to get the sediment out.

Am going back to shock level today and see if we can beat it once and for all this time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.