hawkinsrt

Aug 10, 2021
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just join this website last week because I have not been able to get rid of my algae problem. Yesterday I woke up to my pump sucking air because the water level dropped so much over night it no longer reached the skimmer. This pool is one thing after another, I have not even completed my SLAM yet. I did the bucket test and same thing happen last night, water dropped and the bucket comfirmed that. Since its above ground pool, I can see all of the plumbing and there are no wet spots around the pump so that leads me to believe its the linear. I've read the Pool School on Pool Leaks but it just seem impossible to go around this entire pool with food coloring to find the leak. Would I be able to spot a tear in my linear? Or is it more than likely at a connection point? Help Please!!!

look for water around the pool or just damp ground... If you see nothing then it may be painful to find.. The one good thing is the water always stops at the leak or just below the leak... the bad thing is if it is in the bottom of the pool all your water will be gone...

You can pour liquid chlorine in and brush the pool while the pump is off and it will be fine till you find the leak.. :)

I have a 24 foot round pool. Do you think its even going to be possible to locate the leak if its near the bottom or am I going to have to call a professional

They can do amazing things with those hydrophones and find the leaks just by sound alone... it may be possible for you to find it but who knows where it is..

Boats are a hole in the water you throw money in.
Pools are a hole full of water you throw money in. It never ends with all pools, don't feel bad.

Is there a place someone's toe nail could've kicked like behind a ladder? What about where kids hang or play?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.