I got the Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner

for someone like me that has COPD, this has been a dream come true...even though I can function fairly well in the water, it is still hard on me to run the vacuum, and impossible from outside the pool...plus, since I switched to a sand filter this year, the first time I tried to vacuum, I had trouble because it would drain the water from my pump basket and not vacuum...I have since discovered that the hose I was using was not water tight at the end it should be...but I didn't think that would matter since both ends are underwater anyway...have not tried again with my new hose. should probably do that just to answer the question in my own mind...lol

I found one on e-bay for $50 2 weeks ago...
When I went to find the link for you, I see that they are now asking $69.. I guess timing IS everything!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So the hose connects where the water flows from the pump "back in to pool"? It doesn't connect to "suction port" on side wall?? How does that work??
The water flows internally past an open slot in the bottom of the robot that is surrounded by brushes. This sucks the debris into the slot where it is trapped by a filter screen. The water then exits through a jet on the end of the robot. This is what propels it forward. There are jets on either end, and it reverses flow every 30 seconds, making the robot move backwards and forward so it doesn't get stuck.

It works surprisingly well for such a simple device. I love mine. I used to spend 20-30 minutes vacuuming every day before getting into the pool. Now I have vacuumed once in the last 2 years. I keep mine hooked up 24x7, but I built an t-adapter with a valve out of PVC so I can run the robot and the normal return eyeball at the same time. You need a pretty good pump to do so. Mine is 4500 gph, I think.

To run just the robot, I recommend no less than 2500 gph or it won't move well.

The water flows internally past an open slot in the bottom of the robot that is surrounded by brushes. This sucks the debris into the slot where it is trapped by a filter screen. The water then exits through a jet on the end of the robot. This is what propels it forward. There are jets on either end, and it reverses flow every 30 seconds, making the robot move backwards and forward so it doesn't get stuck.

It works surprisingly well for such a simple device. I love mine. I used to spend 20-30 minutes vacuuming every day before getting into the pool. Now I have vacuumed once in the last 2 years. I keep mine hooked up 24x7, but I built an t-adapter with a valve out of PVC so I can run the robot and the normal return eyeball at the same time. You need a pretty good pump to do so. Mine is 4500 gph, I think.

To run just the robot, I recommend no less than 2500 gph or it won't move well.

Will it run ok if I have a free wrinkles on the bottom?? ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.