I got the Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner

It comes with the hose, enough for up to a 22' pool at least. It comes in sections with a rotating collars at each junction to keep it from tangling. You just use the number of segments you need for whatever size pool you have.

Planning on ordering one from amazon soon. Does it come with the hose also? If so how long is it? Ive got a 22' and want to make sure I have enough hose on hand

Not to sure of the length but it came with the hoses everything ready to go.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it with a ladder in the pool?

I removed the ladder from the pool so it wouldn't get stuck.

579da882afde49d8007ce497fafbf41e.jpg

My connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If thats the case it might be possible to build sides on to the ladder and bottom step with plexiglass to kind of box them in so it cant get behind/under and get stuck

Be careful building any kind of enclosure that would impede water flow, or you're just creating a welcome place for algae to grow.

Another option might be to shorten up the hose just enough that it can't reach the ladder. You'd be left with just a small area to vacuum manually.

I've got an Intex free-standing ladder that I just pull up to the side of the pool when I get out. But sometimes my kids forget and I'll find "Wally" wedged behind the ladder the next day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Be careful building any kind of enclosure that would impede water flow, or you're just creating a welcome place for algae to grow.

Another option might be to shorten up the hose just enough that it can't reach the ladder. You'd be left with just a small area to vacuum manually.

I've got an Intex free-standing ladder that I just pull up to the side of the pool when I get out. But sometimes my kids forget and I'll find "Wally" wedged behind the ladder the next day.

I was thinking of something that you could put in just while vacuuming. And with plexiglass it woud be super easy to box the ladder off then pull out when done.

Had the same problem, I actually used a really big pair of slip joint pliers to grab it enough to get it loose. KNIPEX Heavy Duty Forged Steel 16 in. Extra Large Cobra Pliers with 61 HRC Teeth-87 01 400 US - The Home Depot

You can try an oil filter wrench too, the metal strap kind that tightens when you pull the handle.OEM/3 7/6 - 3 3/4 in. oil filter wrench bulk HM074- ReadReviews onOEM #HM074

Have any of you hooked it up to the actual return. I can't get the return to unscrew from the collar. I don't think there is a wrench big enough to even try and grab it. Any tips on how to spin it loose?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.