I got my test kit!! Now what!!?

81df196d2fc537e74af35baf125b4b13.jpg

Does this look right? I just wanna be sure....

I'll preface this with I'm new, so don't act until you hear from an Expert. :)

I'm not sure I'd make my goal 80 TA. You might want to sit at 50 and see how your Ph behaves before making any changes in that statistic. TA isn't really a "make it fit" number, you usually adjust it based on how your Ph is behaving.

At 60 CYA, you'll want a higher FC. You'll also want to treat that number as the absolute minimum - don't go below that number ever. At 50 CYA, for example, my target for adding bleach is about 8, which gives it 4ppm to play with overnight and throughout the day.

Okay. First off, do you have time to monitor your pool for a while this weekend? Like every few hours?

Next: go back to PoolMath and make the following changes:
pH goal 7.4
TA goal 50
CH goal 150
CYA goal 30
Scroll down to the bottom, yellow background in the drop-down boxes, choose "troublefreepool", then "bleach" (even though you have a SWG, treat it as a non-SWG for now), and surface "plaster".

Then hit calculate. How much MA do you think you need to add to get pH from 8.2 to 7.4?

- - - Updated - - -

REDO: just to make sure. i pressed send becore I was done...

Next: go back to PoolMath and make the following changes:
pH now 8.2 goal 7.4
TA now 50 goal 50
CH now 150 goal 150
CYA now 30 goal 30
Scroll down to the bottom, yellow background in the drop-down boxes, choose "troublefreepool", then "bleach" (even though you have a SWG, treat it as a non-SWG for now), and surface "plaster".

Then hit calculate. How much MA do you think you need to add to get pH from 8.2 to 7.4?

Baeritto:
We are happy to help you, but you really need to not go 2-3 days between communications and possibly even testing. With so many people needing help, we need to focus on those who help themselves. You could have been clear by now. End of lecture. Sorry.

I have spent this time going between MA... and borax to get exactly to 7.2.

I finally have it as of now. I understand you don't want to help me. I'm sorry you feel that I am not "helping myself". Thanks for your previous help. I have been doing borax and MA for almost a week as well as training the others in my home so they know how to do this with me being at work. So we've been up and down but again sorry I am not moving fast enough for you guys. Thanks for your previous help

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wish you would have let us know you were still struggling as pH could have been taken care of within a day at the tops. Do you still have the info on SLAMming? You are ready to do that now. We can help if you want. Just post your current FC and your latest daytime CYA number.

I have spent this time going between MA... and borax to get exactly to 7.2.

I finally have it as of now. I understand you don't want to help me. I'm sorry you feel that I am not "helping myself". Thanks for your previous help. I have been doing borax and MA for almost a week as well as training the others in my home so they know how to do this with me being at work. So we've been up and down but again sorry I am not moving fast enough for you guys. Thanks for your previous help

You are doing a great job. I too am new to this and I know how overwhelming this can be in the beginning. Especially when you have other responsibilities. You will get there and we will help you. You don't need to apologize for anything. When you come up for air let us know how things are going so we can help.

21,000 gal AG w/vinyl liner
30 foot round
1.5 HP duel speed pump
Cartridge Filter
Jandy Heater

Okay! Raise FC (if you're not in bed) to 12. I am sticking with your 30 CYA to determine that shock level because testing for CYA needs to be done in bright daylight so I would rather go with the more reliable number.

Re-Test the CYA next time you have good sun.

Retested as soon as I woke up, just getting a min from work to do an update. We have full sunshine today.

Ph 7.2
TA 40
FC 2
Cya 20
CH 200

Adding bleach and stabilizer per poolmath recommendations. Pool is a lighter shade this morning. Not big but small difference is nice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.