I Got a New Polaris Atlas XT Suction Cleaner - Quick Review & Question

Sep 26, 2018
Tampa, FL
I am really liking it so far (about 2 months in)... My pool is under a screened enclosure in Florida, so at most I get some dust/dirt that settles at the bottom of my pool. The Atlas XT combined with my DE filter does an awesome job of collecting that fine dirt and keeping my water crystal clear. The Atlas XT runs perfect and has no trouble climbing the walls.

My question... The manual is very specific about not pulling too much suction as that could damage the cleaner. It calls for 10 revolutions of the track in 20-25 seconds. 10 revs in less than 20 secs could mean damage to the cleaner and more than 25 secs could mean poor performance. I'm at approx 23 seconds right now with 2,000 RPM's on my pump and I turn the valves so that the suction is only pulled through a dedicated vac line.

...but is it okay to leave the cleaner in overnight, allowing the pump to turn off and let it run during the prime cycle when the pump turns on in the morning?? I have my pump setup to prime at 3,450 RPMs for 3 mins at 9AM. I'm not sure if that is okay since it would only be 3 mins or if I need to prevent that from happening?

Is there a need to run at full speed for prime? My pump strainer stays full when the pump is off, so I turned down the prime speed to 2800 and I changed the minutes to 1 min.
On iAquaLink you can go to Settings, VSP set up and change the prime speed and time for your pump.

Is there a need to run at full speed for prime? My pump strainer stays full when the pump is off, so I turned down the prime speed to 2800 and I changed the minutes to 1 min.
On iAquaLink you can go to Settings, VSP set up and change the prime speed and time for your pump.

I may have to try this. Honestly these are the settings the pool builder originally setup for me, so I just stuck with them. I'm pretty sure my pump also stays full of water overnight, so there likely isn't a need for the high speed prime. Thanks for the suggestion!

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.