I fixed my Beta Pool Skimmer!

blazeone

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 27, 2015
Humble
So I had a Solar Breeze that lasted for 3 years, I replaced the motors once. It never did that great of a job so when it died again I checked out the Beta. Features looks much better especially the obstacle avoidance tech. So I bought one early summer of 2021. Was doing great until a couple of weeks ago. Noticed it was moving much, terrific I had read others bad experiences with them. So I pulled it out of the water and turned it off and on again. The left side prop worked but the right side did not. I could hear the gears turning but no prop rotation. Spinning the left and right props with my fingers I could feel the right side was dragging "harder to turn". Here is the fix: Turn the unit off and remove the single center screw to remove the prop. You will have to fiddle with it a little to get it off. Try turning the prop a littler as you gently pull it off. The prop is actually half of the motor. I could feel some roughness "probably calcium" on the inside area of the prop and the motor it sits on. I used a scotch bright pad to clean both areas until smooth. Put the prop back on with the same care as removing it. Ensure it is fully seated "compare to other prop". Turned it on and put it back in the pool and away she went. It's been 3 hours since the repair and she is still going. This is worth a try before sending it off or giving up on it. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.