I dont know which Hayward D.E. filter and pump to purchase for my above ground pool

instead of the hayward model 4820, I should go with the 6020? we currently have a cartridge filter, hayward swimpro voyager. we always clean it 4 times a year. the worst time is now. last spring and summer we had it turning green quite often.

By turning green do you mean you have been having algae outbreaks quite often ? ?

How big is the cartridge filter? Cleaning only 4 times a year does not make sense if you are having algae outbreaks. I would think it should be much more often than that.

BTW, a different filter is not going to solve your algae problems if that is what you are thinking. With adequate FC (which is a function of your CYA level), you will never get algae regardless of the type of filter. Also, if you do not allow algae to start, then you filters will stay cleaner for longer as well.

I feel like we are talking in different languages :D

Bottom line, bigger is better. And the required size depends on your pools dirt load and the frequency you want to clean it. All bets are off if you let algae start though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.