I did something stupid

To all of you who took the time to make suggestions, many many thanks.

So here is where I am. I let the pond sit for about a week and then introduced bacteria/enzymes. Within another few days the water cleared completely. I still have the residue of the algae carcasses which looks like a fine powder on the liner and the stones. My pond man is going to vacuum this powder next week. I think the bacteria should also attack this.

The water has a slight blue tinge, but the turquoise is gone. IT IS PERFECTLY CLEAR. I intend to quickly introduce plant life, but no fish until I have the water tested for chloramines. I am looking into filter/pump systems to work with my fountain.

All of you helped me through the woods. You are great !!!!

Steve B: I don't think the Amur is the same carp that is taking over the Great Lakes. However, to emphasize, they are supposed to be sterile, so you need to buy from a licensed seller, if you decide to use the Amur fish. They have grown to be 4 feet long after a very long time in our pond from feeding on algae. They start off very small - I suspect they will grow according to the amount of algae that is available. Anyway, something to consider when you get your pond under control and stable. Works wonders for our pond.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.